RE: calendar *dependent* events scenarii

Hi Mark,

The point of the scenario isn't the usefulness index, although we would like for the service described to have some utility (and not be a meaningless example). The point is actually to draw a distinction between values that are point-moments in time (January 3, 1956 at 10:23:47 PM Pacific Standard Time---what in Java you'd call a java.util.Date) and "calendric" moments ("the Fourth of July", people's birthdate, etc--what in Java you might use a java.util.Calendar to represent)

These require slightly different data types in XML Schema and, of course, different handling in code.

But state holidays in Utah are a good example too.

Addison