RE: updated draft of 2. Introduction to Web Services

Looks great. A couple of comments below...

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.

You've got a point. Instead maybe: "The framework provides an outline of Web
services which are useful for discussing international issues. One version
of the Web Services Architecture document [WSA] defines a Web services as
follows: // etc."

This allows us to quote the WSA document without having to worry about
whether they change it at some point (again).

> There are some important standards associated with Web services. Simple
> Object Access Protocol (SOAP) describes the protocol used for
> communication with a Web service.
>
> SOAP defines a two-section document structure that
> conforms to XML specifications. The first part of the document is the
> envelope, essentially routing instructions for the body message that
> follows. The second part is the body message, which contains
> information the Web service requires for processing and/or a remote
> procedure call. SOAP documents can have attachments with header
> information in MIME format. The SOAP document, like any XML file, may
> contain a charset tag, which describes the data contained in that
> particular document only.

The SOAP document, like any XML file, may indicate its character encoding
(charset) in an XML document declaration. Most SOAP documents use the UTF-8
encoding, even though other encodings are permitted. (End para)

> An attachment can have data in a different
> charset; that charset can be specified in the MIME header Content-type.
> For specifying the language of their content, SOAP documents can contain
> xml:lang tags according to the XML standard [XML].

Use singular??: "Many SOAP document elements may contain xml:lang attributes
to indicate the language of their content."

> A SOAP
> attachment's language
> can be indicated in the MIME header Content-language.
>
> Web Services Description Language (WSDL) [WSDL-V12] is an XML-conformant
> language used to describe the information necessary for calling and
> using a Web service.
>
> Web services can be discovered in many ways. One method is by searching a
> Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration [UDDI]
> registry. UDDI entries
> describe the available service and point to the Web Service
> Description (WSD)
> via a URI. The Web Service Description is typically written in
> WSDL, and it
> documents the mechanics of the message exchange between a requester and
> a provider.
>
> These standards work together as shown in the following scenario:
>
> {diagram here, modified version of the old 2.1 Overview diagram}

// I made extensive modifications of the diagram and text earlier today:
check it out! Some of that deals with MEPs and a few other things.