W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-ws@w3.org > March 2003

Re: [WSTF] Teleconference Reminder... today

From: Mike McKenna <mgm@globalisation.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:46:42 -0800
Message-ID: <3E739132.854A839C@globalisation.org>
To: Tex Texin <tex@XenCraft.com>
CC: "Addison Phillips [wM]" <aphillips@webmethods.com>, Mark Davis <mark.davis@jtcsv.com>, public-i18n-ws@w3.org

I arrive Saterday evening, and have a tutorial Monday morning.  I'll be in Prague until the 30th as well.

    Mike___

Tex Texin wrote:

> I arrive Sat. noonish.
> I have a tutorial Monday aft.
> IUC24 is Sept 3-5 in Atlanta. (Not Oct. Sorry)
>
> tex
> "Addison Phillips [wM]" wrote:
> >
> > The keyword in the sentence below is "informally" as there is no coordinated activity planned.
> >
> > Several members have expressed that they are too busy to have a formal meeting. We rejected the idea of a face-to-face due to  low participation numbers by members (of the regular members, Tex, Mike, Martin, and myself are present; Kentaroh, Takao, and Deb are absent).
> >
> > I would be very happy to coordinate a meeting or roundtable during the IUC.
> >
> > I am free on Monday as well. I believe Tex (at least) has a tutorial? I arrive late Saturday (22 Mar) and am in Prague through until 30 Mar, so I have time available, and I'm staying at the Marriott.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Addison
> >
> > Addison P. Phillips
> > Director, Globalization Architecture
> > webMethods, Inc.
> >
> > +1 408.962.5487 (phone)  +1 408.210.3569 (mobile)
> > -------------------------------------------------
> > Internationalization is an architecture.
> > It is not a feature.
> >
> > Chair, W3C-I18N-WG Web Services Task Force
> > To participate see http://www.w3.org/International/ws
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: Mark Davis [mailto:mark.davis@jtcsv.com]
> > > Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 4:43 PM
> > > To: Addison Phillips [wM]; public-i18n-ws@w3.org
> > > Subject: Re: [WSTF] Teleconference Reminder... today
> > >
> > >
> > > When will we be meeting in Prague? Is there a single contact
> > > person that we
> > > can all coordinate with once we arrive? I will be open all of Monday.
> > >
> > > Mark
> > > ________
> > > mark.davis@jtcsv.com
> > > IBM, MS 50-2/B11, 5600 Cottle Rd, SJ CA 95193
> > > (408) 256-3148
> > > fax: (408) 256-0799
> > >
> > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > From: "Addison Phillips [wM]" <aphillips@webmethods.com>
> > > To: "Addison Phillips [wM]" <aphillips@webmethods.com>;
> > > <public-i18n-ws@w3.org>
> > > Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 16:25
> > > Subject: RE: [WSTF] Teleconference Reminder... today
> > >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > attendees: martin, tex, deb, addison (chair, scribe)
> > > >
> > > > Next Meeting: RESCHEDULED for next Tueday, 18 March, at the usual time.
> > > >
> > > > Following Meeting: Need to consider how daylight time affects
> > > the meeting
> > > schedule (a time change may be necessary to include Kentaroh).
> > > Meeting on 25
> > > March will be canceled due to IUC participation of most of team.
> > > Many of us
> > > may meet informally in Prague.
> > > >
> > > > 1. Action Items review:
> > > >
> > > > >  -Mike/Deb: Work on complex transaction Usage Scenarios [Not
> > > > > started. Deb to call on Mike]
> > > > >  -Tex: to look at WSDL for further usage scenarios [to do]
> > > > >  -AP: will add link to membership on main page [to do]
> > > > >  -AP: Send integration patterns whitepaper link. [to do]
> > > > >  -AP: Check ULocale paper link. [to do]
> > > > >  -AP: Send "patterns" usage scenarios
> > > > >  -MD/AP: Send Deb Mike's email [DONE]
> > > >
> > > > 2. Discussion.
> > > >
> > > > Deb) A large email document coming containing review of WS-Arch Usage
> > > Scenarios. Deb suggested that we consider it and comment. In addition, the
> > > editorial information in our Usage Scenarios should be aligned with this
> > > (and other Use Case) documentation. Discussion of other Web
> > > Service Scenario
> > > doc structures.
> > > >
> > > > Martin) For future reference, can send large HTML attachment
> > > via the list.
> > > >
> > > > Deb) WSArch UC doc is very valuable. Maybe base ours on it too.
> > > >
> > > > Deb) WS-Arch Connectionless case is unclear. We need some
> > > diagrams in our
> > > usage scenarios.
> > > >
> > > > Addison) Scenario categorization? We should consider
> > > reformulating our US
> > > documtne to make it easier to use, by tying it to WS-Arch and others?
> > > >
> > > > Addison) Do a new call for participation? Should we call for specific
> > > technologies...? Do we need to set a deadline?
> > > >
> > > > ACTION) Review of Deb's comments for inclusion.
> > > > ACTION) Team to discuss reviewing Usage Scenarios and reenergizing
> > > activity at next meeting (pre-IUC).
> > > >
> > > > 3. IUC Activities and our participation on the W3C Panel.
> > > >
> > > > Tex) We should consider handing out the WSUS document @ the IUC? It's a
> > > good reference and might be a useful discussion piece. Perhaps an
> > > extract...
> > > > Martin) Extracts governed by W3C.
> > > > ACTION) Addison to investigate getting printouts. Tex and
> > > Addison to look
> > > at chunking or summarizing as necessary.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Tex) Next IUC is in Atlanta in October-ish... Tex to check timeframe.
> > > >
> > > > Deb) Raise issue about faults. SOAP 1.2 faults hopeless.
> > > hardcoded string.
> > > can't be nested (hierarchical cf. stacktrace).
> > > > Deb) lang nego mechanism entirely lacking. Needed for localizing faults.
> > > (also localizing services).
> > > > Tex) Need to instill or provoke a sense of urgency in panel audience.
> > > convey the interesting issues. raise issues and motivate folks to getting
> > > involved. spur recruitment. get a justification for action.
> > > > Martin) Will talk to Richard about activities etc.
> > > > Martin) Sending link to paper about localization presentation to list.
> > > > Martin) encodings in IETF as a general issue.
> > > > Tex) We need to be "disturbing" or get juice flowing comments...
> > > > Tex) maybe not ask for actual scenarios, but get requirements in
> > > advance...
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
>
> --
> -------------------------------------------------------------
> Tex Texin   cell: +1 781 789 1898   mailto:Tex@XenCraft.com
> Xen Master                          http://www.i18nGuy.com
>
> XenCraft                            http://www.XenCraft.com
> Making e-Business Work Around the World
> -------------------------------------------------------------

Tex Texin wrote:

> I arrive Sat. noonish.
> I have a tutorial Monday aft.
> IUC24 is Sept 3-5 in Atlanta. (Not Oct. Sorry)
>
> tex
> "Addison Phillips [wM]" wrote:
> >
> > The keyword in the sentence below is "informally" as there is no coordinated activity planned.
> >
> > Several members have expressed that they are too busy to have a formal meeting. We rejected the idea of a face-to-face due to  low participation numbers by members (of the regular members, Tex, Mike, Martin, and myself are present; Kentaroh, Takao, and Deb are absent).
> >
> > I would be very happy to coordinate a meeting or roundtable during the IUC.
> >
> > I am free on Monday as well. I believe Tex (at least) has a tutorial? I arrive late Saturday (22 Mar) and am in Prague through until 30 Mar, so I have time available, and I'm staying at the Marriott.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Addison
> >
> > Addison P. Phillips
> > Director, Globalization Architecture
> > webMethods, Inc.
> >
> > +1 408.962.5487 (phone)  +1 408.210.3569 (mobile)
> > -------------------------------------------------
> > Internationalization is an architecture.
> > It is not a feature.
> >
> > Chair, W3C-I18N-WG Web Services Task Force
> > To participate see http://www.w3.org/International/ws
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: Mark Davis [mailto:mark.davis@jtcsv.com]
> > > Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 4:43 PM
> > > To: Addison Phillips [wM]; public-i18n-ws@w3.org
> > > Subject: Re: [WSTF] Teleconference Reminder... today
> > >
> > >
> > > When will we be meeting in Prague? Is there a single contact
> > > person that we
> > > can all coordinate with once we arrive? I will be open all of Monday.
> > >
> > > Mark
> > > ________
> > > mark.davis@jtcsv.com
> > > IBM, MS 50-2/B11, 5600 Cottle Rd, SJ CA 95193
> > > (408) 256-3148
> > > fax: (408) 256-0799
> > >
> > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > From: "Addison Phillips [wM]" <aphillips@webmethods.com>
> > > To: "Addison Phillips [wM]" <aphillips@webmethods.com>;
> > > <public-i18n-ws@w3.org>
> > > Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 16:25
> > > Subject: RE: [WSTF] Teleconference Reminder... today
> > >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > attendees: martin, tex, deb, addison (chair, scribe)
> > > >
> > > > Next Meeting: RESCHEDULED for next Tueday, 18 March, at the usual time.
> > > >
> > > > Following Meeting: Need to consider how daylight time affects
> > > the meeting
> > > schedule (a time change may be necessary to include Kentaroh).
> > > Meeting on 25
> > > March will be canceled due to IUC participation of most of team.
> > > Many of us
> > > may meet informally in Prague.
> > > >
> > > > 1. Action Items review:
> > > >
> > > > >  -Mike/Deb: Work on complex transaction Usage Scenarios [Not
> > > > > started. Deb to call on Mike]
> > > > >  -Tex: to look at WSDL for further usage scenarios [to do]
> > > > >  -AP: will add link to membership on main page [to do]
> > > > >  -AP: Send integration patterns whitepaper link. [to do]
> > > > >  -AP: Check ULocale paper link. [to do]
> > > > >  -AP: Send "patterns" usage scenarios
> > > > >  -MD/AP: Send Deb Mike's email [DONE]
> > > >
> > > > 2. Discussion.
> > > >
> > > > Deb) A large email document coming containing review of WS-Arch Usage
> > > Scenarios. Deb suggested that we consider it and comment. In addition, the
> > > editorial information in our Usage Scenarios should be aligned with this
> > > (and other Use Case) documentation. Discussion of other Web
> > > Service Scenario
> > > doc structures.
> > > >
> > > > Martin) For future reference, can send large HTML attachment
> > > via the list.
> > > >
> > > > Deb) WSArch UC doc is very valuable. Maybe base ours on it too.
> > > >
> > > > Deb) WS-Arch Connectionless case is unclear. We need some
> > > diagrams in our
> > > usage scenarios.
> > > >
> > > > Addison) Scenario categorization? We should consider
> > > reformulating our US
> > > documtne to make it easier to use, by tying it to WS-Arch and others?
> > > >
> > > > Addison) Do a new call for participation? Should we call for specific
> > > technologies...? Do we need to set a deadline?
> > > >
> > > > ACTION) Review of Deb's comments for inclusion.
> > > > ACTION) Team to discuss reviewing Usage Scenarios and reenergizing
> > > activity at next meeting (pre-IUC).
> > > >
> > > > 3. IUC Activities and our participation on the W3C Panel.
> > > >
> > > > Tex) We should consider handing out the WSUS document @ the IUC? It's a
> > > good reference and might be a useful discussion piece. Perhaps an
> > > extract...
> > > > Martin) Extracts governed by W3C.
> > > > ACTION) Addison to investigate getting printouts. Tex and
> > > Addison to look
> > > at chunking or summarizing as necessary.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Tex) Next IUC is in Atlanta in October-ish... Tex to check timeframe.
> > > >
> > > > Deb) Raise issue about faults. SOAP 1.2 faults hopeless.
> > > hardcoded string.
> > > can't be nested (hierarchical cf. stacktrace).
> > > > Deb) lang nego mechanism entirely lacking. Needed for localizing faults.
> > > (also localizing services).
> > > > Tex) Need to instill or provoke a sense of urgency in panel audience.
> > > convey the interesting issues. raise issues and motivate folks to getting
> > > involved. spur recruitment. get a justification for action.
> > > > Martin) Will talk to Richard about activities etc.
> > > > Martin) Sending link to paper about localization presentation to list.
> > > > Martin) encodings in IETF as a general issue.
> > > > Tex) We need to be "disturbing" or get juice flowing comments...
> > > > Tex) maybe not ask for actual scenarios, but get requirements in
> > > advance...
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
>
> --
> -------------------------------------------------------------
> Tex Texin   cell: +1 781 789 1898   mailto:Tex@XenCraft.com
> Xen Master                         http://www.i18nGuy.com
>
> XenCraft                           http://www.XenCraft.com
> Making e-Business Work Around the World
> -------------------------------------------------------------
Received on Saturday, 15 March 2003 15:48:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:52 GMT