Re: [WSTF] Notes of: Teleconference is next Tuesday, 1 July

These are my very simplified notes of last week's WS I18N TF teleconference:

Present: Deb, Tex, Martin (scribe/chair)

At 13:35 03/06/26 -0700, Addison Phillips [wM] wrote:

>W3C-I18N-WG Web Services TF teleconference [WSTF]
>Bridge   : +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim) with conference code 4186 (spells "I18N")
>Duration : 60 minutes
>Day      : Tuesday
>Dates    : 1 July 2003
>Start    : 23:00 GMT, 18:00 Eastern, 15:00 Pacific, 07:00 Tokyo (next day!)
>Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
>Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
>Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
>
>NOTE: I am sending the announcement a bit early because next week I'll be
>on vacation for a week. Martin will host the telecon and keep notes.
>
>AGENDA
>------
>1. Review Action Items

Addison contributed one more review of Arch Scenarios S003
Tex asked which WSDL document to review now that there are 3.
     We recommended to start with http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl12/
     Web Services Description Language (WSDL) Version 1.2 Part 1: Core Language

The question was raised whether there would be a Primer. I checked
with Philippe LeHegaret, staff contact of WSDL, and was told that
there would be a primer at a later stage, when the design had stabilized
more.

>2. Discuss what the next step should be in getting the next revision of
>the Usage Scenarios document created and released.

     Discussion about what data should be in context, what should be in
     profile, what should be metadata, and so on. May be depending on
     application, but useful to have general guidelines.

     Deb: from discussion with WS 'big guys', got feeling that
          we need good use cases to make anything/anybody move

     Martin: Usage scenario document is a bit more open ended than
             a spec.

     Deb: Our usage scenarios document is still somewhat unfinished
          compared with similar documents.

     Some discussion about how to move forward within current charter;
     duration of group is for two years, but milestones are only set for
     one year.

     Some discussion about a potential next face-to-face, not conclusive.

Regards,    Martin.