  From: public-i18n-ws-request@w3.org [mailto:public-i18n-ws-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Mark Davis
  Sent: 2003年12月4日 12:26
  To: Mike McKenna; public-i18n-ws@w3.org
  Subject: Re: calendar dependent events scenarii - now with less fat!

  However much I might like the imaginative examples, I really think none of these are going to motivate the average reader of the document; one should come up with a real business examples, not something that will be interest only to scholars. I think in practice even the multiple calendars are not going to be of interest, since those will be hosted on most operating systems. Not unless you make the client in the scenario a small system, like a mobile phone. (Even then, in a few years I expect we'll see full-fledged OSes on those.)

  I still believe a better example is business holidays. Unlike the calendars, those are *not* algorithmically predictable, they vary considerably by locality (e.g. Patriot Day in Utah), and one can construct a more real scenario (e.g. a fulfillment center catering to local governments needing to determine when their offices are able to receive shipments.)

  Mark
  http://www.macchiato.com
  ► शिष्यादिच्छेत्पराजयम् ◄