Re: calendar dependent events scenarii - now with less fat!

A more realistic scenario might be a service that takes as input
Carbon-14 dating information and returns contextualized calendar date
ranges.  For example, what if you're working on an archeological dig in
Mongolia and find remains from the Attilla the Hun (or one of his
sons).  Whose calendar do you use to report the results?  There's the
Gregorian Calendar for current reference, but if you want to map to
historical docuemnts for context, there's the Chinese Imperial calendar,
the Eastern Orthodox Calendar, the Roman Calendar, the Arabic calendar,
and the Budhist calendar (the Huns really got around!)

Cheers,

       Mike___

--
Michael McKenna
Globalisation Architect

California Digital LIbrary
University of California Office of the President
michael.mckenna@ucop.edu
http://www.cdlib.org