Re: w3c Internationalization

On 16/08/2016 12:53, Staty iDuet wrote:
> Hi there Richard,
> Some time ago I did some translations into Polish but then I had some
> health issues and I stopped contacting you as I focused on other things.
> I think that since then something might have changed in the documents I
> translated. Is so let me know and I will make all necessary improvements.

hello Kamil,

i hope you're feeling better.  Thanks for contacting me.

there have been a number of changes earlier this year - quite a few
articles were updated as i applied a new javascript-based template.

Here is a list of the pages you previously supplied translations for as
far as i'm aware.

The following don't need updating:
https://www.w3.org/International/getting-started/language.pl
https://www.w3.org/International/quicktips/index.pl
https://www.w3.org/International/articles/article-text-size
https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-select-sorting

This one, however, does need retranslating:
https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-no-language

let me know if you'd like to retranslate that article.

 > Also if there is such a possibility I would like to translate the
 > following documents into Polish:
 > http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-display-capabilities
 > https://www.w3.org/International/getting-started/characters

i'll send the first one now (in a separate email), but the second is
also one of the very few that i haven't yet converted to the new
template, so i'll try to do that for you (it's not a 5-minute job,
because i have to convert not only the english but 14 other translated
pages).  It will be good to finally get it converted though.

Note that i am copying this email to an archive list, btw.  Please cc
that list for your replies.

Also, the translation instructions have changed a little recently.
Please check that you're still happy to proceed on that basis. See
https://www.w3.org/International/2004/06/translation

the link you used previously on your name seems to be
http://anglosopher.com/.  That's fine.

Finally, there are some new boilerplate strings arising from the
template conversion which we'll need to have in place.  Could you please
translate the following for me (just the text between quotes)?

thanks,
ri

s.translationDisclaimer = 'This document is a translation provided by a
volunteer. In the case of any discrepancy or errors, the <a
href="'+f.filename+'.en">latest English original</a> should be
considered authoritative.<a href="#copyright">Original copyright</a>
belongs to W3C, as shown below.'

s.followOurNews = "Follow our news feed."

s.historyOfDocumentChanges = 'For the history of document changes, see
the <a
href="http://www.w3.org/blog/International/tag/'+f.searchString+'/">news
feed</a> for substantive changes, and the <a
href="https://github.com/w3c/i18n-drafts/commits/gh-pages/'+f.directory+f.filename+'.en.html">Github
commit list</a> for all changes since Jan 2016.'

s.untranslatedChanges = '<strong>Note:</strong> Changes have been made
to <a href="'+f.filename+'.en">the English original</a> since this
document was translated. The changes were incorporated into this page,
so you may see some passages in English until the translation is updated.'

s.unlinkedTranslation = '<strong>Warning:</strong> Substantive changes
have been made to the English original since this document was
translated. You are advised to read <a href="'+f.filename+'">a version
in another language</a> until this translation has been updated.'

s.aboutThisArticle="About this article" // title in the right column
near the top of the page

s.status_draft="This article is a draft that has not yet gone through
public review. If you have comments, please send them using the <a
href='#survey'>link near the bottom of this page</a>."

s.status_review="This article is currently out for public review. If you
have comments, please send them using the <a href='#survey'>link near
the bottom of this page</a>."

s.status_published="This article has been reviewed by the W3C
Internationalization Working Group and has gone through public review to
make it as accurate as possible. If you have comments, please send them
using the <a href='#survey'>link near the bottom of this page</a>."

s.status_notreviewed="This article was published without public review.
If you have comments, please send them using the <a href='#survey'>link
near the bottom of this page</a>."

s.status_obsolete="This article is now obsolete. It is no longer
maintained and is likely to be inaccurate. For more up-to-date
information, see the <a
href='http://www.w3.org/International/'>Internationalization Activity
home page</a>."

s.tests="Tests" // used at the end of breadcrumbs for test related pages

s.quickanswer = "Quick answer" // heading

s.longeranswer = "Details" // heading that follows 'Quick answer'

s.additionalinfo = "Additional information" // heading that sometimes
follows 'Details'

s.acknowledgements = "Thanks also to the following people whose
contribution or feedback was included:" // used at bottom of page to
list people who provided feedback. The list comes after this text.

s.cookieMsg = "If you let the browser set a cookie, you will continue to
see W3C Internationalization Activity pages (where available) in the
language you chose. Do you want to set the cookie?" // this text is to
be copied to another location

s.supercededTranslation = '<strong>Warning:</strong> This is an outdated
version of this document! You should read <a
href="'+g.betterfilename+'.en">the latest version</a> instead and, if
you can, change the bookmark or link that brought you here.'