Re: Fullwidth/upright vertical characters in Mongolian

Martin,

In printed books and articles Mongolian text embedded in horizontal
text (English, French, Russian, Chinese, ...) is usually rotated and
laid out horizontally left-to-right. This has the advantage that line
spacing is not affected, but has the disadvantage that it is not so
easy to read.

On the English Wikipedia we embed Mongolian text vertically into
English text, breaking the Mongolian text into words at a space
character so that the line spacing is not affected more than
necessary. For example, in the article
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_script the Mongolian words
ᠮᠣᠩᠭᠣᠯ ᠪᠢᠴᠢᠭ are embedded vertically in two adjacent columns in the
first sentence of the English text. I'm not really sure what more
there is to say about this.

Andrew