From: jrmt@almas.co.jp [mailto:jrmt@almas.co.jp]
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2017 9:26 AM
To: 'r12a' <ishida@w3.org>; Greg Eck <greck@postone.net>; public-i18n-mongolian@w3.org
Cc: foximoyi@icloud.com; csmhjy@126.com; 'siqin' <siqin@almas.co.jp>
Subject: RE: Bordering clearly between Mordern Mongolian and Ancient Mongolian solution.

Hi Richard,

Yes. currently, in our DS01 or WG2, we have following characters need more than 4 variants.
1. https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/#char182C medial form, if we do not exclude  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> (this is not modern) or move  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >>  and  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> (it is actually final) to final form, there is shortage.
2. https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/#char182D medial form, if we do not exclude  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> (this is not modern) or move  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> (it is actually final) to final form, there is shortage.

For several characters we need OVERWRITE TO DEFAULT FORM logic for modern Mongolian, we need to use extra one FVS for these characters.
Currently we are using FVS3 sometimes, but using FVS1 alternatively in DS01. Actually, it is not the proper method for using FVS1 in the encoding principle, because FVS1 already have one encoding glyph.
These characters are
1.      https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/#char1822     We are using FVS3 for medial U1822_I OVERRIDE (DS01).
2.      https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/#char1825 We have OVERRIDE requirement for medial form. But DS01 have not listed yet. We are using FVS3 by default in our font MWc.
3.      https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/#char1826 We have OVERRIDE requirement for medial form. But DS01 have not listed yet. We are using FVS3 by default in our font MWc.
4.      https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/#char1828 We have OVERRIDE requirement for medial form. But DS01 have not listed yet. We are using FVS3 or FVS2 by default in our font MWc.
5.      https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/#char182C We have OVERRIDE requirement for medial form. But DS01 have no extra FVS to list it. If we remain  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> ,  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> ,  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >>  as the Modern Mongolian and classify  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >>  as ancient Mongolian, we have FVS3 left for OVERWRITE, otherwise, we will have FVS shortage on this character. Of cause, we cannot encode  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> and  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> as medial form.
6.      https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/#char182D We have OVERRIDE requirement for medial form. But DS01 have no extra FVS to list it. If we remain  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> ,  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> ,  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >>  as the Modern Mongolian and classify  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >>  as ancient Mongolian, we have FVS3 or FVS2 left for OVERWRITE, otherwise, we will have FVS shortage on this character. Of cause, we cannot encode  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> as medial form.
7.      https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/#char1831 We have OVERRIDE requirement for medial form. But DS01 have not listed yet. We are using FVS3 or FVS2 by default in our font MWc.
8.      https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/#char1833 We may have OVERRIDE requirement for medial form. But DS01 have not listed yet. We are using FVS3 or FVS2 by default in our font MWc.
9.      https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/#char1836 We do not allow OVERRIDE or TOGGLE for this character medial form. DS01 comments contents-driven and OVERRIDE default form in PDF.
10.     https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/#char1838 We do not allow OVERRIDE or TOGGLE for this character medial form. DS01 comments contents-driven in PDF.

OVERWRITE TO DEFAULT FORM is mean that if
When we using content-driven logic to selected the character’s second or third or fourth form, but for irregular writing case, we need to change the writing form to default variant form.