Re: [public-i18n-its] <none>

Hi Sjoerd,

Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> I am currently working on the SMIL 3.0 DTD and am trying to include
> your suggestion.  I have a question.  What is the purpose of the ITSNS
> entity?

for the DTD version of ITS (not XML Schema or RELAX NG), we created that
entity to allow for the usage of the "xmlns:its" attribute or the
"xmlns" attribute, the latter in case of ITS used as the default namespace.

> I don't really see how that can be used in a SMIL context since it
> defines a default namespace which would override the SMIL default
> namespace.

you are right, that was an oversight by me. You might change

<!ENTITY % ITSNS 'xmlns CDATA "http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its"
xmlns:its CDATA "http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its" '>

<!ENTITY % ITSNS ' xmlns:its CDATA "http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its" '>

> Also, was it your intention to have an attribute xmlns:its on the
> <smil> element with a default (or fixed) value of the ITS
> namespace?How else is one supposed to use the its-prefixed attributes?

I did not think about where to put the xmlns:its attribute, but you are
right, it should be at the <smil> element so that people can use
its-prefixed attributes.

Felix