W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > January to March 2008

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2008-01-09

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 18:12:38 +0900
Message-ID: <47849006.6090005@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2008/01/09-i18nits-minutes.html
 and below as text.

Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              i18n ITS WG

9 Jan 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2008JanMar/0003.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/09-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Christian, Felix, Jirka, Yves

   Regrets
   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]review of other specs
         3. [7]ITS and HTML 5
         4. [8]BP document
         5. [9]time schedule
         6. [10]AOB
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to change teleconf reservation back to usual
   schedule [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-53 - Change teleconf reservation back
   to usual schedule [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-01-16].

action items

   <YvesS> [13]http://www.w3.org/International/its/track/actions/open

     [13] http://www.w3.org/International/its/track/actions/open

   ACTION-3 postponed

   ACTION-11 wait for ITS IG

   ACTION-33

   <YvesS>
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2008JanMar/0
   007.html

     [14] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2008JanMar/0007.html

   Yves describes the mail

   people on the call agree with the proposal in the mail, we will wait
   for Richard's input

   ACTION-24 on XProc

   <YvesS>
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-
   comments/2008Jan/0002.html

     [15] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-comments/2008Jan/0002.html

   close ACTION-24

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-24 Look into XProc for ITS review issues closed

   ACTION-34 Felix gives an update on the charter proposal

   Felix: would people like to wait for IG start until WG is finished?

   all people on the call: yes

   close ACTION-34

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-34 Felix to bring ITS charter to the team (Was:
   And others to think about the future of ITS) closed

   ACTION-51 closed

   <scribe> dropped ACTION-51

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-51 Create subsection, see
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007OctDec/0
   116.html closed

     [16] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007OctDec/0116.html

   ACTION-52

   in draft, close ACTION-52

   close ACTION-52

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-52 Enter changes related to references in the
   BP document closed

review of other specs

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to look into SVG print LC WDs [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-54 - Look into SVG print LC WDs [on
   Felix Sasaki - due 2008-01-16].

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to send comments on XLIFF [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-55 - Send comments on XLIFF [on Yves
   Savourel - due 2008-01-16].

   Yves: SRX, SMIL3, EMMA will also be taken up by IG

ITS and HTML 5

   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2008JanMar/0
   004.html

     [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2008JanMar/0004.html

   Felix: would ITS with HTML 5 be useful?

   Yves: yes

   Felix: is there a need to process ITS as HTML?

   Yves: would be useful

   Jirka: if HTML 5 could provide s.t. like namespaces into HTML 5
   syntax, ITS would be OK
   ... not ok for my POV since it is forking XML syntax
   ... they will probably not allow foreign markup in HTML
   serialization
   ... after parsing HTML 5, you get DOM which can be processed using
   XPath, hard part is local markup
   ... you could simulate ITS markup with e.g. class attributes
   ... for HTML 5 might take some time to get it done

   Christian: question to Felix: has i18n core commented on HTML 5?

   Felix: yes

   Christian: could we make HTML 5 people aware on ITS?

   Felix: yes, question is how

   Christian: two directions: make people aware of ITS
   ... using e..g input from Jirka, ITS may not fit with HTML 5 way,
   but ITS data categories are useful

   Yves: ITS is not only a way to apply data categories, it is also
   data categories themselves
   ... we should ask HTML 5 WG about adopting i18n markup in HTML 5

   Felix: would you ask for data categories or ITS markup?

   Yves: would prefer ITS markup, but functionality is more important.
   E.g.a "translate" attribute is fine as well. class attribute is a
   partial answer only
   ... user should drive HTML 5, does not matter if it is done with
   ITS, you might just mimic that
   ... most of that functionality does not exist in HTML 5

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to contact HTML 5 people from W3C staff about
   ITS functionality in HTML 5 [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-56 - Contact HTML 5 people from W3C
   staff about ITS functionality in HTML 5 [on Felix Sasaki - due
   2008-01-16].

   <YvesS>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml

     [21] http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html

BP document

   Yves: need to work on summary tables

time schedule

   two more calls

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to work on summary tables [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-57 - Work on summary tables [on Yves
   Savourel - due 2008-01-16].

   Jirka: will work on PDF version

AOB

   discussion on upcoming publication plans

   and on ITS-2-Y publication

   Yves: adjourned, next meeting next week, back to old time

   change to 2 UTC

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to change teleconf reservation back to usual
   schedule [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to contact HTML 5 people from W3C staff about
   ITS functionality in HTML 5 [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to look into SVG print LC WDs [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to send comments on XLIFF [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to work on summary tables [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([29]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/01/09 09:09:29 $

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 9 January 2008 09:12:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:09 UTC