Re: BP 24: what's all that about?

Richard Ishida wrote:
> I guess I would be fine if the BP said something like:
>
> Avoid escaping (actual) markup in your documents in order to avoid issues
> with namespaces.

I don't think that escaping has any special impact on namespace, so I
don't think that we should talk about namespaces here.

> Currently it just says
>
> Avoid storing markup in escaped form in your documents.
>
> which, i think, is not quite specific enough in its meaning, and lead me to
> suppose that you were also talking about escaping content in things like
> examples.

But example doesn't contain markup -- it contains listing of source code
and XML rules require to escape characters like < and & when they are
literally inserted into XML. So I would not consider this case to be markup.

But if you think that it is not clear we can add example which shows
that escaping is OK if you want to present XML source code in XML file.