RE: BP 24: what's all that about?

> > Yes, by 'markup as text' I mean things like "<p>This is a
> > paragraph</p>"
> > How do you make the distinction between text and markup for
> > translation, for spell-checking, etc.

Text surrounded by <...> is just content, not markup, so I think you
would handle it for translation, spell-checking etc in just the same way as
other content, wouldn't you?  ie, yes, if you wanted it not to be translated
you'd need an element around it to which to attach a no translate flag -
just as you would with any other content.

I still don't see why one would ban <...&gt.

RI

PS: We should check that we have surrounded any examples in the actual BP
doc with no translate flags.

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)