RE: Input to BP 16 http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthDir

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:44:36 -0600
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Hi all,

I've updated the BP draft with the results of Felix/Martin/Najib discussion as outlined in the latest email from Felix.

I've also incorporated some of Christian/Felix suggestions.

See the latest here: http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthDir
And http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#EX-devdir-1

>>>It is not recommended to use Unicode Bidi Embedding Controls in
>>> Quote>an XML document.
>>
>> Should explain why? One thing I have in mind is: They have an impact
>> influence on e.g. character counting.
>
> so how about:
> "It is not recommended to use Unicode Bidi Embedding Controls in an
> XML document, because that influences processes relying on the length
> of character sequences, like character counting."

Not sure if we need to explain a lot: Not using Unicode Bidi is a recommendation of the UTR and explained in the linked document.
Would it be enough to change the sentence to something like:

"It is not recommended to use Unicode Bidi Embedding Controls in an XML document. For more details see 'Unicode in XML and other
Markup Languages'."