W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > July to September 2007

I18N ITS Teleconference Minutes 2007-08-08

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 08:52:54 -0600
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>
Message-ID: <002301c7da94$f7538790$8d05a8c0@BREIZH>

=== ITS Minutes - Aug-08-2007

Present: Yves, Christian
Regrets: Jirka, Felix, Andrzej

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0013.html

== Action Items:

-23 [ONGOING]: Jirka and Yves to add conformance statements to the modularization sections
Jirka worked on it. See:

Otherwise, no AI done this week.

== Discussion

Since Christian had comments on all the current BP, we went ahead to discuss them:

-- BP 09:

CL: We need to make sure the ID type is not necessarily such as DTD type ID or XML Schema type ID. For example, it could be a unique
ID with different constrainsts.

To continue discussion on this.

Change "In order to most effectively reuse translated text where content is reused (either across update versions or across
deliverables) it is necessary to have a unique and persistent identifier associated with the element."
To: "In order to most effectively reuse translated text where content is reused (for example across updates) it is necessary to have
a unique and persistent identifier associated with the element."

ACTION ITEM: Christian to try re-wording BP9 "why do this" section

-- BP 10:

Change "Define what elements are related to terminology information"

To "Define what elements are related to terms and associated information"

Change "As a result, terms may require various attributes"

To "As a result, terms may require various associated information"

Change "To avoid such a large attribute data is repeated within a document, "

To "To avoid such a large associated information to be repeated within a document, "

Keep the section "Identified terms could be used for indexing that may require some language specific information. For example,
Japanese words are sorted not by script characters, but by phonetic characters. Therefore when a Japanese index item is created, it
should be accompanied with a phonetic string, called Yomigana." for later. 

To Add "Term indentification is also useful for source language quality and change managemnent'

ACTION ITEM: Yves to re-word BP10 Why do this" based on changes done here.

-- BP 11:

re-wording: "It is also recommended to define the its:rules element in your DTD or schema, for example in a header if there is one.
The its:rules element provides access to the its:termRule element which can be used to override terminology-related information

Change also based from comment: "In case the native/host vocabulary does not have a means to specifying terms, "its:term" will not
only serve the purpose of overriding but of specifying. 

New text: "this will allow authors to override or define terminology-related ..."

-- BP 12:

YS: We also need to work on the bleu text/header. Let's keep this for the public mailing list.

=== Other:

YS: I'm all booked for Prague (will stay at the 'Bily Lev' hotel)
CL: May know next week if can go.

CL: Are the XTech on ITS paper available?
YS: Yes: http://2007.xtech.org/public/schedule/paper/50

Next meeting: Next week, Aug-15, same time.

-Meeting Adjourned
Received on Thursday, 9 August 2007 15:34:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:09 UTC