Re: Proposal for both attribute notations on the span element

At 08:02 07/01/28, Felix Sasaki wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>This is my AI
>[PENDING] ACTION: Felix to post a proposal for both attribute notations
>on the span element. [recorded in
>http://www.w3.org/2007/01/24-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
>
>Below is the text. I would put it in section 5.2.2 after
>"Local selection in XML documents is realized with local ITS attributes,
>the ruby element, or the span  element. span serves just as a wrapper
>for the local ITS attributes and ruby."

I think the word "wrapper" doesn't work here. The span element
wrapps its contents, not the its attributes. If ruby elements
are indeed placed inside span, the term may be appropriate in
that case. I think "carrier" is better for attributes, but
somebody may have an even better idea.

Regards,     Martin.