W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2007

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2007-06-06

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 23:59:40 +0900
Message-ID: <4666CBDC.2050305@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html and below 
as text.

Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              i18n ITS WG

6 Jun 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0045.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Felix, Jirka, Christian (on IRC), Yves

   Regrets
   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]Reviewing W3C Work for ITS
         3. [7]BP discussion
         4. [8]BP 3 and following if time allows (not on the agenda,
            discussed during the meeting)
         5. [9]AOB
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to check language data type in XML Schema
   (DONE) [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   <YvesS>
   [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   042.html

     [12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0042.html

   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   049.html

     [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0049.html

   Yves: done , we need to pick this up for BP 1

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to contact JIS people in Japan about
   possiblity of "ITS as JIS" (DONE) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   Yves: Felix waiting for reply

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to find IBM contact for ITS (DONE) [recorded
   in [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   Felix: not specific person found, will contact IBM AC rep

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to contact IBM AC rep [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to tweak XSLT to generate automatic example
   numbering and titleing like "Example 7: Better design" (DONE)
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   Yves: maybe the markup was wrong

   Felix: we should just use specref

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to update status section for each new BP WD
   publicatation with 1) BP which need review and 2) BP which we think
   are finished. (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   <scribe> ACTION: Jirka to draft a mail for contacting editors
   vendors for ITS (PENDING) [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   <chriLi> Hi all, I already informed Yves I have just been called to
   a different meeting

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to contact Najib and Felix about BP 2
   (DROPPED) [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

   Yves: we do this like the way we did for the tagset doc
   ... Jirka mentioned that this has mabye a stylesheet issue

   Felix: Jirka wanted to change the stylesheet?

   Jirka: the xmlspec-i18n-its-techniques.xsl yes

   Felix: fine by me

   Jirka: try to generate HTML to see the differences

   <scribe> ACTION: Jirka to tweak XSLT about including examples
   [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

   <scribe> ACTION: Jirka to fix DocBook issues mentioned by Christian
   (DONE) [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]

   <scribe> ACTION: Jirka to integrate the DocBook section into the BP
   document (DONE) [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]

   <Jirka>
   [24]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#docbook

     [24] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#docbook

   Jirka: only some example code misssing

   Yves: looks good to me

   Felix: +1

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to contact some ISO people about the "ITS as
   ISO standard" topic (DONE) [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action12]

   Yves: not very useful feedback so far, only pointers to ISO process
   ... should we close ISO discussion for now?

   Felix: let's wait for feedback from Japan

   <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to look at SPARQL and the SPARQL result
   format for potential ITS review (DONE) [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action13]

   Yves: updated the review page

   <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to look into XLIFF 1.2, TMX 2, SRX 2
   (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action14]

   Yves: TMX done
   [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   046.html

     [28] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0046.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to provide feedback on whether we need to
   look at XPath 2.0 Req/Use case and Web Service addressing (DONE)
   [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action15]

   AIs not mentioned are PENDING

Reviewing W3C Work for ITS

   Yves: new drafts?

   Felix: only mobileOK tests, not relevant to ITS

   Yves: we'll keep SRX and XLIFF

BP discussion

   <YvesS>
   [30]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#DevLang

     [30] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#DevLang

   Yves: Christian said he has nothing to add for this BP

   Felix: propose to add a link to [31]http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd

   Yves: we don't need a warning about the language data type?

   Felix: yes, people can use the XML Schema data type or CDATA for
   DTDs

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to rework note about type for xml:lang in BP 1
   [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action16]

   now BP 2

   [33]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#DevDir

     [33] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#DevDir

   Felix: The title says "HEBREW TEXT, W3C" in Hebrew. might need to be
   marked up as an example

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to markup "HEBREW TEXT, W3C" as an example
   [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action17]

BP 3 and following if time allows (not on the agenda, discussed during
the meeting)

   (Yves reads the BP)

   Jirka: in BP 2, we need an link to [Unicode in XML]

   Yves: I'll do that, thanks

   Felix: need to look why example is not auto generated in:

   "Note: In many occurences, moving translatable text from attribute
   value to element content can result in having a sentence embedded
   within another one. For instance, in the *exampe 7*"

   Felix: check specref for references to examples

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to check specref for references to examples
   [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action18]

   Yves: do we need the reference to [Unicode in XML] here?
   ... maybe better for BP 2, in the "Reference links"

   Felix: +1

   Moving to BP 4

   Felix: propose to put "to improve translation throughput" after
   "exceptions"

AOB

   Yves: will send a mail saying we went through BP 3 and 4
   ... we work on 5 and 6 for next time
   ... people need to look at 5 and 6 in addition to 3 and 4

   Felix: let's see how many comments come for the BPs

   Yves: another "AOB":
   ... maybe useful to have an ITS rules repository
   ... people could provide rules for their format
   ... not as official rules for a schema, only as examples
   ... can be explained by a disclaimer on the main page
   ... page of ITS WG saying "these are example rules, send us yours if
   you want"

   Felix: to have a directory under /International/its ?

   Yves: yes
   ... I'll work on that later

   <YvesS> any other bussiness Jirka?

   <YvesS> ok

   <YvesS> bye all

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to check specref for references to examples
   [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action18]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to contact IBM AC rep [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jirka to tweak XSLT about including examples [recorded
   in [38]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to markup "HEBREW TEXT, W3C" as an example
   [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action17]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to rework note about type for xml:lang in BP 1
   [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action16]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Everybody to look into XLIFF 1.2, TMX 2, SRX 2
   [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action14]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Felix to update status section for each new BP WD
   publicatation with 1) BP which need review and 2) BP which we think
   are finished. [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Jirka to draft a mail for contacting editors
   vendors for ITS [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   [DONE] ACTION: Everybody to look at SPARQL and the SPARQL result
   format for potential ITS review [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action13]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to check language data type in XML Schema
   [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to contact JIS people in Japan about possiblity
   of "ITS as JIS" [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to find IBM contact for ITS [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to provide feedback on whether we need to look
   at XPath 2.0 Req/Use case and Web Service addressing [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action15]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to tweak XSLT to generate automatic example
   numbering and titleing like "Example 7: Better design" [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]
   [DONE] ACTION: Jirka to fix DocBook issues mentioned by Christian
   [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]
   [DONE] ACTION: Jirka to integrate the DocBook section into the BP
   document [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]
   [DONE] ACTION:, W3C" as an example [recorded in
   [52]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action12]

   [DROPPED] ACTION: Felix to contact Najib and Felix about BP 2
   [recorded in
   [53]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [54]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([55]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/06/06 14:58:42 $

     [54] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [55] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 6 June 2007 14:59:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:49 GMT