W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2007

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2007-05-30

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 00:06:39 +0900
Message-ID: <465D92FF.5010003@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html and below 
as text.

Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              i18n ITS WG

30 May 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0043.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Andrzej, Christian, Felix, Jirka, Yves

   Regrets
   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action item
         2. [6]reviewing of specs
         3. [7]scheduling
         4. [8]restructuring of BPs
         5. [9]rework of the sections which talk about general
            techniques
         6. [10]f2f meeting
         7. [11]BP discussion
         8. [12]RELAX NG > DTD, RELAX NG > XML Schema conversion
         9. [13]AOB
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action item

   felix: did not have time to do AIs

   Christian: did an AI

   <scribe> ACTION: Christian to rework 4.1 and 4.1.1 (ONGOING)
   [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   also Jirka's AIs pending

   Yves: I did 3 AIs

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to talk to Philippe Rouquet about "ITS as ISO"
   topic (DONE) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   Yves: waiting for (indirect) feedback

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to contact Diane and to check her availability
   for editing of the BP document (DONE) [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   Yves: waiting for reply

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to rework some BP according Christian
   structure (DONE) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   Yves: posted a mail about that

   see
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   039.html

     [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0039.html

reviewing of specs

   Yves: SPARQL, TMX, XLIFF, SRX

   Felix: no need to review XQuery full text or WS Addressing

   Yves: comments on TMX need to be sent by June first
   ... fine to send the comments by June 1st, integrating Christian's
   possible further feedback?

   RESOLUTION: WG agrees with sending the comments on TMX by June 1st,
   integrating Christian's possible further feedback

scheduling

   [20]http://www.w3.org/International/its/schedule.html

     [20] http://www.w3.org/International/its/schedule.html

   Felix proposes to look at BP (1-2) each week technically, and a meta
   topic like restructuring

   Felix wants to do the scheduling for the next weeks

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to do the scheduling for the next weeks of
   BPs [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   Yves: some more work for the editors, but that's OK I hope

   RESOLUTION: WG agrees with detailed scheduling of BP document

   <YvesS>
   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   039.html

     [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0039.html

restructuring of BPs

   Yves: looked into no. 2,5,6
   ... the template had lot of breakdown and structure in it
   ... too many headings, not enough content

   (Yves describes his mail)

   <YvesS> [23]http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-i18n-bp/#DevDir

     [23] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-i18n-bp/#DevDir

   [24]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#DevDir

     [24] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#DevDir

   Christian: discussed at f2f that too many subheadings are not a good
   idea
   ... the modified template and examples: we agreed to say that
   examples should be close to their use, so no explicit example
   section

   Yves: one difference: reference to the data category, I tried to
   resolve that
   ... e.g. BP 2: you have at the bottom the link to the tagset doc,
   and a copy of the information from the ITS document in a separate
   paragraph

   Christian: just had a first look at the sample template, looks good
   to me

   Felix: +1

   Yves: will need to look at each BP to have final restructering done

rework of the sections which talk about general techniques

   <YvesS>
   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   040.html

     [25] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0040.html

   Christian: reworked existing content and created content which we
   intended to remove to the general section

   (Christian describes the mail)

   Felix: like "4.1.2 Consider Your Processing Environment". Useful to
   make people aware of conformance as well, since this is related to
   conformance

   Christian: agree
   ... maybe we need a template on how to link to the tagset doc of
   subsections in 4.1.x
   ... tagset doc or other documents

   Felix: some concerns about being too detailed about XPath
   ... we can't write an XPath tutorial. Propose to have a general
   section of issues with technology used by ITS

   Christian: we had gathered some specific issues for XPath
   ... like efficiency of rules

   Yves: need to work on this "4.1.4 Create your XPath Expressions with
   Care" to see what has to be here

   Felix: agreement

   Andrzej: thanks Christian for this work on this!

   <scribe> ACTION: Christian to make a proposal for "4.1.4 Create your
   XPath Expressions with Care" [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   Yves: like the proposal on " Generic Knowledge"

f2f meeting

   Yves: everybody is fine for the dates and venue, no response from
   Sebastian yet

   RESOLUTION: next f2f in Praha, hosted by Jirka, 10/02 till 10/04

BP discussion

   <YvesS>
   [27]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthInsText

     [27] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthInsText

   BP 21 "Ensure any inserted text is context-independent"

   Andrzej: had a related discussion in DITA TC about acronym expansion
   ... there are issues of grammatical case esp. in inflected languages
   ... in some languages an acronym does not exist
   ... I can send my input I gave to DITA about the topic

   Yves: yes, send the mail please

   (Yves explains
   [28]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthInsText)

     [28] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthInsText)

   Yves: propose to have an example how it works in the "How to do
   this" part

   Felix: which technique is used in practice? XLink and XInclude are
   maybe not wide spread for this topic
   ... maybe we should have a "real life" example what is being done

   Yves: we could have a binary example: things not to do, and a way to
   fix it

   Andrzej: will send in an example for conref

   Jirka: an XInclude example would be good

   <scribe> ACTION: everybody to look into creating examples for the
   "How to do this" part of BP 21 [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   Felix: we will see what examples will be created, and use the best
   one(s)

RELAX NG > DTD, RELAX NG > XML Schema conversion

   Christian: XLIFF is thinking about providing a RELAX NG schema
   ... are there cases of not being able to convert RELAX NG > DTD,
   RELAX NG > XML Schema?

   Jirka: yes

   Andrzej: most of the tools provide a means for conversion

   Jirka: depends on how complex the schema is
   ... we produced a conversion tool, specific to DocBook

   Felix: should the conversion be a one-time effort?

   Christian: yes. But while the schema is under development, there
   will be several conversions necessary
   ... RELAX NG will be just an additional schema

AOB

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Christian to make a proposal for "4.1.4 Create your
   XPath Expressions with Care" [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: everybody to look into creating examples for the "How
   to do this" part of BP 21 [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to do the scheduling for the next weeks of BPs
   [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Christian to rework 4.1 and 4.1.1 [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to contact Diane and to check her availability
   for editing of the BP document [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to rework some BP according Christian structure
   [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to talk to Philippe Rouquet about "ITS as ISO"
   topic [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [37]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([38]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/05/30 15:04:42 $

     [37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 30 May 2007 15:06:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:49 GMT