W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2007

RE: I18N ITS Teleconference Minutes 2007-05-23

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 20:11:18 +0100
To: "'Najib Tounsi'" <ntounsi@emi.ac.ma>, "'Yves Savourel'" <ysavourel@translate.com>
Cc: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000d01c79d6e$24ed3fc0$1e0110ac@rishida>

> > -19 [NEW]: Felix to ask Najib about correcet rendering of example 4 
> > Done. Najib noted that we could just do like we did for the 
> example in the Rec document.
> >   
> I joined on IRC, but may be it was too late. Sorry.
> 
> In fact  my opinion is that (bidi) rendering shoudn't matter 
> when you show source code. Not only it depends on the 
> TexteEditor/AuthoringTool, but also on the user's preferences 
> and setting. Unfortunatly, actually editing tools don't 
> permit users to do such setting, e.g. override bidi rendering 
> with rtl+ltr  texts in source mode.
> But this is another issue.
> 
> Najib

See also http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/tech-bidi.html#d2e277

RI

============
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)
 
http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/
http://www.w3.org/International/
http://people.w3.org/rishida/blog/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ishida/
 
 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-i18n-its-request@w3.org 
> [mailto:public-i18n-its-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Najib Tounsi
> Sent: 23 May 2007 17:35
> To: Yves Savourel
> Cc: public-i18n-its@w3.org
> Subject: Re: I18N ITS Teleconference Minutes 2007-05-23
> 
> 
> Yves Savourel wrote:
> > Subject: ITS Teleconf - Wednesday May-23-2007 
> > =============================================
> >
> > The IRC recoding of the minutes is here:
> >
> > Agenda: 
> > 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0037.ht
> > ml IRC Log: http://www.w3.org/2007/05/23-i18nits-minutes.html
> >
> > Present: Jirka (IRC), Christian, Yves
> > Regrets: Andrzej, Felix, Sebastian
> >
> >
> > === Review of the action items:
> >
> > Nobody had much time to do a lot of their action items.
> >
> >
> > -01 [NEW]: Felix to check language data type in XML Schema 
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#language
> > PENDING
> >
> > -02 [NEW]: Felix to contact JIS people in Japan about 
> possiblity of "ITS as JIS"
> > PENDING
> >
> > -03 [NEW]: Felix to find IBM contact for ITS PENDING
> >
> > -04 [NEW]: Felix to tweak XSLT to generate automatic 
> example numbering and titleing like "Example 7: Better design"
> > PENDING
> >
> > -05 [NEW]: Felix to update status section for each new BP WD 
> > publicatation with 1) BP which need review and 2) BP which we think 
> > are finished., Ongoing AI PENDING
> >
> > -06 [NEW]: Jirka to draft a mail for contacting editors vendors for 
> > ITS PENDING
> >
> > -07 [NEW]: Richard to add more rationale to the "why" 
> section of BP4 
> > PENDING
> >
> > -08 [NEW]: Richard to tweak the "Why doing this" statement 
> from BP 5 
> > PENDING
> >
> > -09 [NEW]: Sebastian to consider whether we need question 
> marks after 
> > "Why doing this" statements in the BPs
> > DISCARDED: Yves will ask to handy native speakers.
> >
> > -10 [NEW]: yves to check the whole doc for consistency for 
> "attribute" vs "attribute value"
> > PENDING
> >
> > -11 [NEW]: Yves to contact Diane and to check her availability for 
> > editing of the BP document PENDING
> >
> > -12 [NEW]: Yves to provide mail about applying ITS in OpenOffice 
> > PENDING
> >
> > -13 [NEW]: Yves to rewrite the description of example 11 PENDING
> >
> > -14 [NEW]: Yves to send mail about f2f meeting in Autumn
> > Done: 
> > 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0033.ht
> > ml
> >
> > -15 [NEW]: Yves to talk to Philippe Rouquet about "ITS as 
> ISO" topic 
> > Done. Waiting for answer.
> >  
> > -16 [NEW]: Christian to draft general section about 
> > extending/customizing schemas PENDING
> >
> > -17 [NEW]: Christian to provide sample BP for further discussion.
> > Done during f2f.
> >
> > -18 [NEW]: Christian to rework 4.1 and 4.1.1 PENDING
> >
> 
> >  
> > -20 [NEW]: Felix to contact Najib and Felix about BP 2 PENDING
> >
> > -21 [NEW]: Felix to provide W3C document lisense to Jirka PENDING
> >
> > -22 [NEW]: Felix to sort out XHTML issues PENDING
> >
> > -23 [NEW]: Jirka and Yves to add conformance statements to the 
> > modularization sections PENDING
> >
> > -24 [NEW]: Jirka to fix DocBook issues mentioned by 
> Christian PENDING
> >
> > -25 [NEW]: Jirka to integrate the DocBook section into the 
> BP document 
> > PENDING
> >
> > -26 [NEW]: Yves to check whether Diane wants to continue be 
> co-editor 
> > PENDING
> >
> > -27 [NEW]: Yves to collect all examples from BP and put them into 
> > testsuite PENDING
> >
> > -28 [NEW]: Yves to create draft of CDATA section PENDING
> >
> > -29 [NEW]: Yves to find new formulation for example 29 PENDING
> >
> > -30 [NEW]: Yves to rework some BP according Christian structure 
> > PENDING
> >  
> > -31 [NEW]: editors of BP document to change the descriptions of 
> > ITS+existing schemas to say that there is no need to have 
> ITS attributes for existing markup, and have association 
> rules instead.
> > PENDING
> >
> > -32 [NEW]: Felix to prepare access for Jirka for the BP directory 
> > Done. Jirka has access.
> >
> > -33 [NEW]: Yves to contact some ISO people about the "ITS 
> as ISO standard" topic.
> > DSCARDED: Same as #15.
> >  
> > -34 [PENDING]: Everybody to look at SPARQL and the SPARQL 
> result format for potential ITS review.
> > PENDING
> >
> > -36 [PENDING]: Everybody to look into XLIFF 1.2, TMX 2, SRX 2 
> > Christian requested 2 more day for the proposed TMX2 comments
> > 
> (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0029.h
> > tml)
> >
> > -37 [PENDING]: Everybody to think about the idea: consider 
> to have all 
> > existing schemas "ITS+..." with only markup which is not 
> already in the schema, e.g. "ITS+XHTML" without its:dir? And 
> have a general guideline to do that for existing schemas.
> > Done. Led to #31
> >
> > -38 [PENDING]: Yves to look on Atom and the bidi attribute 
> and possibly ITS in general.
> > PENDING
> >
> >
> >
> > === Discussions
> >
> > -- Reviewing W3C Work for ITS
> >
> > 2 new: Xpath Full Text, and Web services Addressing.
> > CL: Xpath Full Text has probably i18n-related feature.
> > Need Felix guidance for WS adressing.
> >
> > Action: Felix to provide feedback on whether we need to 
> look at XPath 2.0 Req/Use case and Web Service addressing.
> >
> >
> > -- Best Practices Working Draft
> >
> > YS: Latest version is here: 
> > http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html
> > We need to do our action items before we can discuss anything.
> >
> >
> > -- Other Business
> >
> > CL: Any feedback from ITS presentation at Xtech?
> >
> > JK: Good to see application using ITS.
> >
> > YS: Got input from someone from the European trademarks bureau: was 
> > interested in using it. Someone from Business Object was 
> also interested and noted the absence of a data category 
> about 'preserve or not spaces'.
> >
> > YS: Will write a report on the conference and will post in 
> in member list as FYI.
> >
> > -- Next Face to face:
> >
> > YS: Jirka has checked possibility: it would be OK.
> > We need to make sure Andrzej and Sebastian have a chance to think 
> > about it. If no one disagree we could probably make it 
> official next meeting.
> >
> > CL: An idea, maybe we could have half a day reserved for 
> tool vendors o discuss implementation?
> >
> > YS: sounds like a good idea. Will discuss it when preparing 
> the agenda.
> >
> >
> > Meeting adjourned.
> > -end-
> >
> >
> >
> >   
> 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 23 May 2007 19:10:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:49 GMT