Re: I18N ITS Teleconference Minutes 2007-05-23

Yves Savourel wrote:
> Subject: ITS Teleconf - Wednesday May-23-2007
>
> The IRC recoding of the minutes is here:
>
> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0037.html
> IRC Log: http://www.w3.org/2007/05/23-i18nits-minutes.html
>
> Present: Jirka (IRC), Christian, Yves
> Regrets: Andrzej, Felix, Sebastian
>

> === Review of the action items:
>
> Nobody had much time to do a lot of their action items.
>

> -01 [NEW]: Felix to check language data type in XML Schema http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#language
> PENDING
>
> -02 [NEW]: Felix to contact JIS people in Japan about possiblity of "ITS as JIS"
> PENDING
>
> -03 [NEW]: Felix to find IBM contact for ITS
> PENDING
>
> -04 [NEW]: Felix to tweak XSLT to generate automatic example numbering and titleing like "Example 7: Better design"
> PENDING
>
> -05 [NEW]: Felix to update status section for each new BP WD publicatation with 1) BP which need review and 2) BP which we think are
> finished., Ongoing AI
> PENDING
>
> -06 [NEW]: Jirka to draft a mail for contacting editors vendors for ITS
> PENDING
>
> -07 [NEW]: Richard to add more rationale to the "why" section of BP4
> PENDING
>
> -08 [NEW]: Richard to tweak the "Why doing this" statement from BP 5
> PENDING
>
> -09 [NEW]: Sebastian to consider whether we need question marks after "Why doing this" statements in the BPs
> DISCARDED: Yves will ask to handy native speakers.
>
> -10 [NEW]: yves to check the whole doc for consistency for "attribute" vs "attribute value"
> PENDING
>
> -11 [NEW]: Yves to contact Diane and to check her availability for editing of the BP document
> PENDING
>
> -12 [NEW]: Yves to provide mail about applying ITS in OpenOffice
> PENDING
>
> -13 [NEW]: Yves to rewrite the description of example 11
> PENDING
>
> -14 [NEW]: Yves to send mail about f2f meeting in Autumn
> Done: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0033.html
>
> -15 [NEW]: Yves to talk to Philippe Rouquet about "ITS as ISO" topic
> Done. Waiting for answer.
>
> -16 [NEW]: Christian to draft general section about extending/customizing schemas
> PENDING
>
> -17 [NEW]: Christian to provide sample BP for further discussion.
> Done during f2f.
>
> -18 [NEW]: Christian to rework 4.1 and 4.1.1
> PENDING
>
> -19 [NEW]: Felix to ask Najib about correcet rendering of example 4
> Done. Najib noted that we could just do like we did for the example in the Rec document.

I joined on IRC, but may be it was too late. Sorry.

In fact  my opinion is that (bidi) rendering shoudn't matter when you
show source code. Not only it depends on the TexteEditor/AuthoringTool,
but also on the user's preferences and setting. Unfortunatly, actually
editing tools don't permit users to do such setting, e.g. override bidi
rendering with rtl+ltr  texts in source mode.
But this is another issue.

Najib