I18N ITS Teleconference Minutes 2007-05-23

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 09:08:20 -0600
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Subject: ITS Teleconf - Wednesday May-23-2007

The IRC recoding of the minutes is here:

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0037.html
IRC Log: http://www.w3.org/2007/05/23-i18nits-minutes.html

Present: Jirka (IRC), Christian, Yves
Regrets: Andrzej, Felix, Sebastian

=== Review of the action items:

Nobody had much time to do a lot of their action items.

-01 [NEW]: Felix to check language data type in XML Schema http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#language

-02 [NEW]: Felix to contact JIS people in Japan about possiblity of "ITS as JIS"

-03 [NEW]: Felix to find IBM contact for ITS

-04 [NEW]: Felix to tweak XSLT to generate automatic example numbering and titleing like "Example 7: Better design"

-05 [NEW]: Felix to update status section for each new BP WD publicatation with 1) BP which need review and 2) BP which we think are
finished., Ongoing AI

-06 [NEW]: Jirka to draft a mail for contacting editors vendors for ITS

-07 [NEW]: Richard to add more rationale to the "why" section of BP4

-08 [NEW]: Richard to tweak the "Why doing this" statement from BP 5

-09 [NEW]: Sebastian to consider whether we need question marks after "Why doing this" statements in the BPs
DISCARDED: Yves will ask to handy native speakers.

-10 [NEW]: yves to check the whole doc for consistency for "attribute" vs "attribute value"

-11 [NEW]: Yves to contact Diane and to check her availability for editing of the BP document

-12 [NEW]: Yves to provide mail about applying ITS in OpenOffice

-13 [NEW]: Yves to rewrite the description of example 11

-14 [NEW]: Yves to send mail about f2f meeting in Autumn
Done: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0033.html

-15 [NEW]: Yves to talk to Philippe Rouquet about "ITS as ISO" topic
Done. Waiting for answer.
-16 [NEW]: Christian to draft general section about extending/customizing schemas

-17 [NEW]: Christian to provide sample BP for further discussion.
Done during f2f.

-18 [NEW]: Christian to rework 4.1 and 4.1.1

-19 [NEW]: Felix to ask Najib about correcet rendering of example 4
Done. Najib noted that we could just do like we did for the example in the Rec document.

-20 [NEW]: Felix to contact Najib and Felix about BP 2

-21 [NEW]: Felix to provide W3C document lisense to Jirka

-22 [NEW]: Felix to sort out XHTML issues

-23 [NEW]: Jirka and Yves to add conformance statements to the modularization sections

-24 [NEW]: Jirka to fix DocBook issues mentioned by Christian

-25 [NEW]: Jirka to integrate the DocBook section into the BP document

-26 [NEW]: Yves to check whether Diane wants to continue be co-editor

-27 [NEW]: Yves to collect all examples from BP and put them into testsuite

-28 [NEW]: Yves to create draft of CDATA section

-29 [NEW]: Yves to find new formulation for example 29

-30 [NEW]: Yves to rework some BP according Christian structure
-31 [NEW]: editors of BP document to change the descriptions of ITS+existing schemas to say that there is no need to have ITS
attributes for existing markup, and have association rules instead.

-32 [NEW]: Felix to prepare access for Jirka for the BP directory
Done. Jirka has access.

-33 [NEW]: Yves to contact some ISO people about the "ITS as ISO standard" topic.
DSCARDED: Same as #15.
-34 [PENDING]: Everybody to look at SPARQL and the SPARQL result format for potential ITS review.

-36 [PENDING]: Everybody to look into XLIFF 1.2, TMX 2, SRX 2
Christian requested 2 more day for the proposed TMX2 comments

-37 [PENDING]: Everybody to think about the idea: consider to have all existing schemas "ITS+..." with only markup which is not
already in the schema, e.g. "ITS+XHTML" without its:dir? And have a general guideline to do that for existing schemas.
Done. Led to #31

-38 [PENDING]: Yves to look on Atom and the bidi attribute and possibly ITS in general.

=== Discussions

-- Reviewing W3C Work for ITS

2 new: Xpath Full Text, and Web services Addressing.
CL: Xpath Full Text has probably i18n-related feature.
Need Felix guidance for WS adressing.

Action: Felix to provide feedback on whether we need to look at XPath 2.0 Req/Use case and Web Service addressing.

-- Best Practices Working Draft

YS: Latest version is here: http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html
We need to do our action items before we can discuss anything.

-- Other Business

CL: Any feedback from ITS presentation at Xtech?

JK: Good to see application using ITS.

YS: Got input from someone from the European trademarks bureau: was interested in using it. Someone from Business Object was also
interested and noted the absence of a data category about 'preserve or not spaces'.

YS: Will write a report on the conference and will post in in member list as FYI.

-- Next Face to face:

YS: Jirka has checked possibility: it would be OK.
We need to make sure Andrzej and Sebastian have a chance to think about it. If no one disagree we could probably make it official
next meeting.

CL: An idea, maybe we could have half a day reserved for tool vendors o discuss implementation?

YS: sounds like a good idea. Will discuss it when preparing the agenda.

Meeting adjourned.