W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2007

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2007-05-09

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 23:47:25 +0900
Message-ID: <4641DEFD.2050206@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html and below 
as text.

Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              i18n ITS WG

9 May 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0028.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Yves, Felix, Andrzej, Christian

   Regrets
          Jirka, Sebastian

   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]ISO and ITS
         3. [7]Reviewing W3C Work for ITS
         4. [8]BP WD
         5. [9]f2f meeting
         6. [10]AOB
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to look at the DocBook section from Jirka
   (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   <YvesS>
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   019.html

     [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0019.html

   Felix: wondered which version Jirka thinks about

   Yves: version 5

   Felix: what about previous versions?

   Yves: question for Jirka
   ... did not see an issue, only worried about the long list of
   non-translatable elements
   ... losts of special tags are hard to know whether they are
   translatable or not
   ... we need to make sure that these are only seen as examples
   ... so next step: ask Jirka about the version, Felix will give him
   access to the editing directory

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to prepare access for Jirka for the BP
   directory [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to think about the idea: consider to have
   all existing schemas "ITS+..." with only markup which is not already
   in the schema, e.g. "ITS+XHTML" without its:dir? And have a general
   guideline to do that for existing schemas. (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   Yves: agree with the consideration, but we need also to describe the
   mapping between the format and the ITS data category
   ... otherwise, people can just remove the corresponding attribute
   from the ITS schemas for their customization

   Felix: we will need to modify the existing sections in the BP
   document if we agree on that

   Yves: btw., I reworked the DITA example

   <scribe> ACTION: editors of BP document to change the descriptions
   of ITS+existing schemas to say that there is no need to have ITS
   attributes for existing markup, and have association rules instead
   [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: Christian to send comment on EMMA (DONE) [recorded
   in [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to look at SPARQL and the SPARQL result
   format for potential ITS review (PENDING) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to look into XLIFF 1.2, TMX 2, SRX 2
   (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   029.html

     [20] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0029.html

   (comments from Yves on TMX)

   Andrzej: your comments look good to me

   Felix: +1

   <YvesS>
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   029.html

     [21] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0029.html

   Christian: have not looked at TMX so far

   Yves: we will wait for another week

   (nobody else looked at SRX or XLIFF 1.2 so far)

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to look on Atom and the bidi attribute and
   possibly ITS in general (PENDING) [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

ISO and ITS

   [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   020.html

     [23] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0020.html

   Yves: is there a requirement for implementations?

   Felix: don't think so

   Christian: got some feedback internally, there will be some effort
   required
   ... like fill in forms, reform the spec

   Yves: we will make a final decision about ITS as ISO at the f2f
   meeting
   ... I know some ISO people and will contact them as well

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to contact some ISO people about the "ITS as
   ISO standard" topic [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

Reviewing W3C Work for ITS

   <YvesS> [25]http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call

     [25] http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call

   (discussion on CC/PP, no review seems necessary)

BP WD

   Yves: no changes recently

   Felix: how about some milestones for the document?

   Yves: yes, a first milestones would be Wd publication with DocBook
   section
   ... I'll add that to the agenda

f2f meeting

   agenda at
   [26]http://www.w3.org/International/its/ftf-200705-Paris.html#Object
   ive

     [26] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/ftf-200705-Paris.html#Objective

   ISO topic is already in agenda, "milestone" need to be added,
   Christian wanted also general organization of the WG

   Christian: would suggest that as a generic topic at the beginning
   ... maybe also a slot of briefing things related to ITS
   ... do we need a bridge during the meeting?
   ... in other (also not ITS f2f meetings), long calls where not
   productive

   agreement to reserve a bridge from 4:30-5:30 for Monday and Tuesday

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to reserve a bridge from 4:30-5:30 for Monday
   and Tuesday [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]

AOB

   Christian: submitted a draft for the OASIS day about ITS, will take
   about a month to get feedback

   Felix: submitted something to Unicode also about ITS, was accepted

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: editors of BP document to change the descriptions of
   ITS+existing schemas to say that there is no need to have ITS
   attributes for existing markup, and have association rules instead
   [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to prepare access for Jirka for the BP directory
   [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to reserve a bridge from 4:30-5:30 for Monday
   and Tuesday [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to contact some ISO people about the "ITS as ISO
   standard" topic [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Everybody to look at SPARQL and the SPARQL result
   format for potential ITS review [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Everybody to look at the DocBook section from
   Jirka [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Everybody to look into XLIFF 1.2, TMX 2, SRX 2
   [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Everybody to think about the idea: consider to
   have all existing schemas "ITS+..." with only markup which is not
   already in the schema, e.g. "ITS+XHTML" without its:dir? And have a
   general guideline to do that for existing schemas. [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Yves to look on Atom and the bidi attribute and
   possibly ITS in general [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

   [DONE] ACTION: Christian to send comment on EMMA [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [38]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([39]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/05/09 14:45:30 $

     [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [39] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 9 May 2007 14:47:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:49 GMT