RE: Checklists for reviews

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:02:15 +0100
To: "'Najib Tounsi'" <ntounsi@emi.ac.ma>
Cc: <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Hi Najib

> Is it worth to recall that in the case of XHTML documents,
> RLE and PDF are required to surround bidi content in title
> elements or attribute values?

No.  That's a specific case (which will be documented in our XHTML best practices).  These are general guidelines for spec developers.  This situation should be covered by the recommendation to always allow markup to be used to set the directional context for a range of text (that rule was not followed in the case of the title element in HTML).

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)