W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2007

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2007-04-18

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:40:44 +0900
Message-ID: <46262DEC.3050309@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html and below 
as text.

Felix

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              i18n ITS WG

18 Apr 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0015.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Andrzej, Christian, Felix, Yves

   Regrets
          Jirka

   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]ITS Recommendation
         3. [7]Reviewing W3C Work for ITS
         4. [8]BP WD
         5. [9]Face-to-face meeting
         6. [10]AOB
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Christian to try to look at
   [12]http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-emma-20070409/ for ITS
   input/comments (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-emma-20070409/

   Christian: ITS has something todo with EMMA.
   ... wondering how to make a comment

   Yves: I can point you to my comment I made on XForms 1.1

   <YvesS> EMMA: [14]http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-emma-20070409/

     [14] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-emma-20070409/

   XForms 1.1. comment from Yves:
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2007Mar/000
   9.html

     [15] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2007Mar/0009.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to follow up with issue found in the Rec
   document about "lro" vs "rlo" (PENDING) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   <scribe> ACTION: Jirka to look at
   [17]http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-sawsdl-20070410/ for ITS
   input/comments (DONE) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-sawsdl-20070410/

   <YvesS>
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   004.html

     [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0004.html

   Yves: no need to review SWASDL

   <YvesS>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthLang

     [20] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthLang

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to add ref link to FAQ in BP15 (DONE)
   [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to do add rule for xml:lang='zxx' and
   translate in DITA integration (POSTPONED) [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   <YvesS>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#DevTrans

     [23] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#DevTrans

   Christian: should we include a link to the discussion which is going
   on?

   Yves: we should wait a bit and see what happens to these things

ITS Recommendation

   Yves: we rely on Felix and his AI for that

Reviewing W3C Work for ITS

   <YvesS> [24]http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call

     [24] http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call

   Felix: nothing relevant for ITS currently

   <YvesS>
   [25]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml

     [25] http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html

   Christian: will look at WSDL this week

BP WD

   Yves: we now have a diff document, thanks to Felix
   ... everybody fine with publishing an updated WD?

   RESOLUTION: WG agrees with publishing an updated WD of the best
   practices document

   target date is April 25

   <scribe> ACTION: item to Felix to prepare the BP WD for publication
   [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   Yves: Jirka is still working on the docbook part, hopefully we will
   have it next time

Face-to-face meeting

   Yves: no news, need to put an agenda together

   Felix: one proposal: think about what to do after the end of the
   year: continue? If yes, what would we do?

AOB

   Christian: there will be a public review of XLIff in 10 days, we can
   make comments from an ITS point of view
   ... there are also opportunities to talk about ITS in the
   forthcomming months
   ... I had no ideas what new stuff to present on ITS
   ... if you have ideas, let me know

   Yves: main change is that it is now a recommendation

   Christian: I have a relation to a controlled authoring and
   controlled language group, ITS might fit well

   <AZ> OAXAL

   out of order: Christian mentioned that we can review SRX with
   respect to ITS

   Andrzej: this is a planned OASIS TC. I'm drafting a TC charter and
   will send something around soon

   Yves: adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: item to Felix to prepare the BP WD for publication
   [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   [ONGOING] ACTION: Christian to try to look at
   [28]http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-emma-20070409/ for ITS
   input/comments [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Felix to follow up with issue found in the Rec
   document about "lro" vs "rlo" [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

     [28] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-emma-20070409/

   [POSTPONED] ACTION: Yves to do add rule for xml:lang='zxx' and
   translate in DITA integration [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   [DONE] ACTION: Jirka to look at
   [32]http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-sawsdl-20070410/ for ITS
   input/comments [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to add ref link to FAQ in BP15 [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

     [32] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-sawsdl-20070410/

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [35]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([36]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/04/18 14:38:34 $

     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 18 April 2007 14:41:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:49 GMT