W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2007

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2007-04-11

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:11:55 -0600
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>
Message-ID: <005001c77c4b$be13d270$8f05a8c0@BREIZH>
Subject: ITS Teleconf - Wednesday Apr-11-2007

The IRC recoding of the minutes is here:

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0014.html
IRC Log: http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-i18nits-minutes.html>

Present: Jirka, Christian, Yves
Regrets: Andrzej, Felix

=== Review of the action items:

-01 [NEW]: Everybody to look at the BP document for WD update publication (vote after next meeting)
Done. See discussion below.

-02 [NEW]: Yves and Felix to look on XMLSPEC DTD issues for BP doc
-03 [PENDING]: Everybody to provide information about presentations on ITS, Yves to setup the page
YS: Got a few. One is in Japanese, but don't have reference anymore.
Christian: I do, will send it to you.
Action closed, as this is an ongoing task.

=== Discussions

-- ITS Recommendation

YS: One error has been found in the recommendation document: in section 6.5.1, the line [Data category value: "rlo" (left-to-right
override] should be [Data category value: "lro" (left-to-right override)] Replacing 'rlo' by 'lro'. This is a typo and we should
correct it in the Errata document.

All: Yes, looks like an editorial errata.

New Action Item: Felix to follow-up with adding the fix in the Errata document.

-- Reviewing W3C Work for ITS

YS: See http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call for the latest list of item under last call review.
We have commented on XForm. The review period has just been extended.

Jirak: I will look at http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-sawsdl-20070410/, I know some people in this group.

New Action Item: Jirka to look at http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-sawsdl-20070410/ for ITS input/comments.

Christian: EMMA seems to be candidate for ITS as well. Will try to have a look at it.

New Action Item:  Christian to try to look at http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-emma-20070409/ for ITS input/comments.

-- Best Practices Working Draft

YS: Latest version is here: http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html 
Not many changes since last week. Working on getting the diff document so we can publish.
One question though. Discussions about use of xml:lang values for non-textual content or undefined has been going on for several
weeks. Richard has now an FAQ for it (draft): http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-no-language. Should we have anything
related to this in BP (for example in http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthLang)?

Christian: Yes we do. At least a reference. Remember mentioning this aspect a while back.

YS: Yes, at least a reference would be needed.

New Action Item: Yves to add ref link to FAQ in BP15.

Jirka: Maybe we can also take this in account in the different integration sections. Showing how to set the translateRule related to
xml:lang="zxx" for DITA, XHTML, etc.

YS: Good idea.

New Action Item: Yves to add rule for xml:lang="zxx" in DITA integration section 

Jirka/YS: Maybe we can use XPath lang() there. A good showcase for that function.

YS: Any progress on DocBook integration? (just checking, not urgent)

Jirka: Not much, but I'll have it by the face-to-face meeting.

-- Face-to-Face Meeting

YS: Thought I would wait until 2 weeks before to have a detailed agenda. Any item you would like there?

Jirka: Yes, discuss the use of NVDL in ITS integration. A possible section for the BP.

YS: OK, I'll make sure we have an item for it. And this applies to any topics: we should look at other possible sections to add in
the ones we have.

YS: Will you be at the XTech Christian?

Christian: Most likely not.

-- Other Business

Regrets from Jirka for next teleconference.

Meeting adjourned.
Received on Wednesday, 11 April 2007 15:11:46 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:08 UTC