W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2007

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2007-04-04

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 23:52:03 +0900
Message-ID: <4613BB93.4030006@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html and below 
as text.

Felix

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              i18n ITS WG

4 Apr 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0002.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Andrzej, Christian, Jirka, Felix, Yves

   Regrets
          Sebastian

   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]congrats
         2. [6]action items
         3. [7]review of W3C specs in view of ITS
         4. [8]Best Practices Working Draft
         5. [9]ITS Recommendation
         6. [10]BP WD
         7. [11]Face-to-face meeting at SAP Paris
         8. [12]Other business
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

congrats

   Yves: we are now a REC!

   Andzrej: congrats to Yves!

   ++1000! :)

   <Jirka> +1000000 ;-D

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to change the entities prefix in the tagset
   draft its.dtd (DONE) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to add a link to the test suite page to the
   links page (DONE) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to provide information about
   presentations on ITS, Yves to setup the page (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   <YvesS> [17]http://www.w3.org/International/its/links.html

     [17] http://www.w3.org/International/its/links.html

   Yves: please send articles to me with your links

   Andrzej: I have one, will send them

   <AZ>
   [18]http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2007/02/21/oaxal-open-architecture-for-
   xml-authoring-and-localization.html

     [18] 
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2007/02/21/oaxal-open-architecture-for-xml-authoring-and-localization.html

   Andrzej: OASIS wants to start a TC about oaxal, ITS is part of oaxal

   Yves: ok. I put links about implementations to the page as well.
   Andrzej, do you have a link about your implementations?

   <AZ> [19]http://www.xml-intl.com/web/guest/standards

     [19] http://www.xml-intl.com/web/guest/standards

   Andrezj: ITS is at the bottom of that page

   <AZ> [20]http://www.xml-intl.com/web/guest/products/xtm

     [20] http://www.xml-intl.com/web/guest/products/xtm

   Andrzej: that page contains information about the ITS implementation

   Yves: I'll contact you about the details

   Christian: are we going to track tool providers who support ITS? And
   provide a section about that?

   Yves: good idea. At least at the beginning we should do that

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves and Felix to create an example related to loan
   words for the BP document (DONE) [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   Yves: look at that during BP discussion today

   <scribe> ACTION: yves to try a restructering of existing examples
   and how to put highlights and find a pattern (DONE) [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

review of W3C specs in view of ITS

   [23]http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call

     [23] http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call

   Felix: propose to look through the last call list each week very
   briefly and see were we can make a last call comment to have ITS
   adopted

   Yves: sounds good to me

   Christian: good idea. Not sure about the bandwith it takes

   Felix: what kind of bandwith?

   Christian: looking at the specs at hand

   Felix: for example in WSDL you don't need to do that

   Christian: might still be necessary for xsd in WSDL

   Jirka: maybe we can split the specs

   Felix: I could pre-look the specs and make proposals for you

   Yves: it might not take to much time if we are focused

   Felix: currently there is only XForms 1.1 here, I think. I'm talking
   to XML Schema WG about direct support of ITS in XML Schema

   Yves: I'll make sure to have this is a topic at each ITS call from
   now on

Best Practices Working Draft

   [24]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml

     [24] http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html

   Yves: should we publish a new WD before the next f2f?

   Felix: +1000
   ... let's publish as much as possible

   Yves: we now generate a DIFF file with automated revisions, I need
   Felix help for that

   Jirka: I would like to prepare a section on DocBook

   Felix: we can publish after next meeting directly, and make another
   publication after your section is ready

   Jirka: OK

   <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to look at the BP document for WD update
   publication (vote after next meeting) [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

ITS Recommendation

   Christian: I saw the press release for ITS. Will anybody forward
   that to the usual groups? XLIFF, translation WS?
   ... or the people in the localization industry

   Yves: I sent some mails already, I want to ask Multilingual
   Computing for a review as well

   Christian: good. About tools providers?

   Yves: talked to Trados people

   Christian: would contact various people, but if you have done that
   already ...

   Yves: no problem to ping people twice, I think

BP WD

   <YvesS>
   [26]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml

     [26] http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html

   (Yves describes the restructering)

   Felix: should you and me work on the XMLSPEC DTD issues?

   Yves: yes

   <YvesS>
   [27]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthTrans

     [27] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthTrans

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves and Felix to look on XMLSPEC DTD issues for BP
   doc [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   Yves: "Example 21: XML document with inppropriate usage of
   its:translate." is a *bad* example. Need to have a different styling
   for that
   ... made also changes related to BCP 47 reference

   Felix: I'll look in to that issues with the bad example styling

Face-to-face meeting at SAP Paris

   Yves: make agenda proposal until next week
   ... Christian provided hotel list

Other business

   Yves: thanks for sending me feedback on my XTech draft
   ... you can send me more until tomorrow morning my time

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Everybody to look at the BP document for WD update
   publication (vote after next meeting) [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves and Felix to look on XMLSPEC DTD issues for BP
   doc [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Everybody to provide information about
   presentations on ITS, Yves to setup the page [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to change the entities prefix in the tagset
   draft its.dtd [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves and Felix to create an example related to loan
   words for the BP document [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to add a link to the test suite page to the
   links page [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [DONE] ACTION: yves to try a restructering of existing examples and
   how to put highlights and find a pattern [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [36]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([37]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/04/04 14:50:04 $

     [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 4 April 2007 14:52:14 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:49 GMT