RE: What does "attaching ITS information" mean?

Hi Yves,

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 06:09 -0700, Yves Savourel wrote:
> Hi Felix, all,
>
> The <its:locNote_Text> is a mistake. It should be just <locNote_Text> (sometimes we have <locNote_Reference>). The its prefix is a
> bug. The goal was to make the distinction between text and reference.

Thanks, I now remember the discussion.

> I think the question is: should we have its markup at all in the output file? Strictly speaking things like its:locNoteType in
> <output> are not ITS.
>
> I would propose to just get rid of any ITS markup in the output, and use the same attributes.

sorry, I don't understand: what attributes do you want to use? Also, in
the case of <p its:locNote="Some locale note"> versus a global
localization note: would you put all contents of the localization note
in <locNote_Text> element, no matter if the note comes from global or a
local ITS markup? My question again would be: were to we describe this
in the draft, since it is different to e.g. its:translate or
its:withinText ? I'm also asking because my "generic" ITS processor does
only understand what is in the draft, so it is not able to produce
decide "should I produce just text (in the case of locNote) or copy ITS
markup? (in the case of its:translate)" ;)

Cheers,

Felix