W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > July to September 2006

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2006-09-27

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:58:04 +0900 (JST)
Message-ID: <2947.219.160.129.115.1159369084.squirrel@webmail.w3.mag.keio.ac.jp>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html and below as
text.

Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n ITS Working Group

27 Sep 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0140.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Andrzej, Christian, Felix, Yves

   Regrets
          Richard

   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]CR preparation
         3. [7]charter extension and new charter
         4. [8]features at risk
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to look at the draft, to see if it is
   ready for CR transition. (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   Yves: I saw some wording things, but no need to tackle it

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to add an explanation for Default Values,
   Inheritance and Overriding in section 6.1. (DONE) [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   <YvesS>
   [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0
   417.html

     [12]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0417.html

   See change at
   [13]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#dat
   acategories-defaults-etc

     [13]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#datacategories-defaults-etc

   "Overriding thus is not possible for the Terminology and the Ruby
   data category."

   Replace "not possible" with "not applicable"

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to make the change "not possible" with "not
   applicable" and go back to i18n core [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   Yves: happy with other changes?

   Christian: yes

   <YvesS> it is about issue 4186

   <YvesS>
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0
   419.html

     [15]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0419.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to draft a text for the CSS issue (DONE)
   [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   Changes are at
   [17]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#dir
   ectionality

     [17]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#directionality

   Yves: this issue can be closed as well

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to implement
   [18]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3466 (DONE)
   [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3466

   <YvesS>
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0
   410.html

     [20]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0410.html

   Yves, Christian: fine with me

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to track i18n core reply on issue 3516
   (DONE) [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   <scribe> ACTION: Sebastian and possibly Felix to look at current
   verbatim.xsl (if it is fine after Yves changes) (DONE) [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to add links for all mentions of data
   categories to their sections, possibliy with a class-like attribute
   (DONE) [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to describe his proposal on rbPointer in a
   mail, WG to look at it until Monday, if there is no disagreement:
   Editors to make the change in the draft. (DONE) [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

   <YvesS>
   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0
   390.html

     [25]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0390.html

   Editors made the change already

   <scribe> ACTION: Editors to implement "or its successor" for XPath
   wording (DONE) [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to check the 'rbspanrbspan' problem in source
   of specification (DONE) [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]

   <scribe> ACTION: Sebastian looking at the 'rbspanrbspan' problem
   (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action12]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to make the naming change for
   "Translatability" data category (DONE) [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action13]

   <YvesS>
   [30]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/lc-replies.html

     [30] http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/lc-replies.html

CR preparation

   Yves: this document describes the review during LC

   Felix: next week please be ready to vote about this doc and the spec

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to add sumaries for issues in Bugzilla
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action14]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to send mails for replies to comments
   [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action15]

charter extension and new charter

   Felix: extension is different from new charter
   ... we need to think about: do we want a new charter? What should be
   in it? What happens to the BP doc? Do we want to go to ITS 1.x
   immediately or do some outreach work?

   <scribe> ACTION: all to think about new charter topics [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action16]

   Felix: within October

features at risk

   Felix: I would like to mark "ruby pointer attributes" as features at
   risk

   (implementation discussion between Andrzej and Yves)

   Yves: we should flag several features at risk

   <scribe> ACTION: all to think about features at risk until next week
   [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action17]

   <YvesS>
   [35]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/lc-replies.html

     [35] http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/lc-replies.html

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: all to think about features at risk until next week
   [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action17]
   [NEW] ACTION: all to think about new charter topics [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action16]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to make the change "not possible" with "not
   applicable" and go back to i18n core [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to add sumaries for issues in Bugzilla [recorded
   in [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action14]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to send mails for replies to comments [recorded
   in [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action15]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Everybody to look at the draft, to see if it is
   ready for CR transition. [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Sebastian looking at the 'rbspanrbspan' problem
   [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action12]

   [DONE] ACTION: Editors to implement "or its successor" for XPath
   wording [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to add an explanation for Default Values,
   Inheritance and Overriding in section 6.1. [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to draft a text for the CSS issue [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to implement
   [46]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3466 recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]
   [DONE] ACTION: Richard to track i18n core reply on issue 3516
   [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]
   [DONE] ACTION: Sebastian and possibly Felix to look at current
   verbatim.xsl (if it is fine after Yves changes) [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to add links for all mentions of data categories
   to their sections, possibliy with a class-like attribute [recorded
   in [50]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to check the 'rbspanrbspan' problem in source of
   specification [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to describe his proposal on rbPointer in a mail,
   WG to look at it until Monday, if there is no disagreement: Editors
   to make the change in the draft. [recorded in
   [52]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to make the naming change for "Translatability"
   data category [recorded in
   [53]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action13]

     [46] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3466

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [54]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([55]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/09/27 14:55:59 $

     [54] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [55] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 27 September 2006 14:58:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:08 UTC