Re: Directionality Scope/inheritance issue (same as translatability)

From: Sebastian Rahtz <Sebastian.Rahtz@oucs.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:00:50 +0100
To: Yves Savourel <yves@opentag.com>
CC: public-i18n-its@w3.org

Yves Savourel wrote:

> In the second paragraph:

> The content of <textInCode> should be not translatable because trans='true' in the <p> element.
>
> That is assuming trans='true|false' has the same behaviour as its:translate, (like a dita:translate).

No, Inheritance only kicks in if there is no more specific rule. the
innermost <textInCode> has translate=yes because we attach that
attribute all instances of the <textInCode>. The local
"its:translate='yes'" has the highest priority, but its _inheritance_
does not take precedence over other rules. Inheritance has the
lowest priority.
--
Sebastian Rahtz

*Open Source and Sustainability*