RE: Directionality Scope/inheritence issue (same as translatability)

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:47:13 -0700
To: "'Felix Sasaki'" <fsasaki@w3.org>
Cc: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Hi Felix,

> In addition to the problems you mentioned in your mails
> about directionality and translatability, there is another
> one: the global rules don't take the default selections in
> the instance into account.

I'm not sure if I understand the paragraph above. What are the "default selections in the instance"?

I'm guessing it would (for translatability for example): "element content is translatable, attribute values are not". But the global
rules take that into account... (so I probably don't understand).

Can you elaborate?

Thanks