Re: Mapping...

From: Sebastian Rahtz <Sebastian.Rahtz@oucs.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:17:35 +0000
To: Yves Savourel <yves@opentag.com>
CC: public-i18n-its@w3.org

Thanks, that analysis does indeed provide a response to my criticism
of inelegance. Keeping "map" on one side, and establishing
a new concept of "pass through", deals with the issue. It's
not clear what words should be used to describe the process;
perhaps "pointer" can be in there; ie this attribute points to a host
element or attribute for its value? depends on whether you see this
as push or pull.

If/when we do return to mapping,

   <its:langMap its:mapName="myLang"/>

isn't sufficient to deal with my examples in
the Mandelieu Communique.

But I am happy to stop talking about this now....
--
Sebastian Rahtz

*Open Source and Sustainability*
10-12 April 2006, Oxford