RE: ITS and XHTML 1.0

From: Yves Savourel <yves@opentag.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:22:31 -0700
To: "'Lieske, Christian'" <christian.lieske@sap.com>
Cc: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Hi Christian,

> However, one issue exists:
>
> Very often, you do not only need to say "my dts are terms"
>
> <its:termRule its:selector="//xhtml:dt">
>
> Rather, you may also want to say in addtion "all p of a
> certain class are terms"
>
> <its:termRule its:selector="//xhtml:p[class='foo']">
>
> I wonder how we could take care of this (please shout if
> this scenario is not relevant).

Mmm... I'm not sure if I understand the issue...

In the case your XHTML has such class='foo' to indicate paragraphs that are terms, I assume you would simply declare that in a
separate documentRules (internal or external), but it would not be part of the documentRules that we would provide as the 'default'
rules for XHTML.

Am I making any sense?