Re: Question about selector scope and rule order

Felix Sasaki wrote:

>> In other words: the selector points to one or more nodes, we apply the
>> ITS property there. If there are already ITS properties
>> applied in some children of these nodes are they overriden or not?

that depends on the order of the rules. if
  //y
comes after
  //x//y
then the second rule wins

> I would say you don't need to do an override: In my XQuery
> implementation, XPath expressions like "//text[@localize='no']" are
> interpreted as "//text[@localize='no']/descendant-or-self::*". How about
> you, Sebastian?

I don't think I agree. My view is that only "translate" is inherited,
not "localize". I think the selector should be "//text//*" for localize,
if that is really want is meant.

Or do we expect "localize" to be inherited?

--
Sebastian Rahtz

*Open Source and Sustainability*
10-12 April 2006, Oxford