W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > January to March 2006

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2006-02-22

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:16:19 +0900
Message-ID: <43FD6143.6050704@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org
.. are at http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html and below as
text.

- Felix

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n ITS working group

22 Feb 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006JanMar/0140.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Christian, Felix, Goutam, Richard, Yves

   Regrets
          Andrzej, Sebastian

   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]last call f2f meeting scheduling
         2. [6]tech plenary f2f
         3. [7]action items
         4. [8]let's go through the current bugs
         5. [9]techniques document
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

last call f2f meeting scheduling

   yves: currently we thought of the two weeks after www conference
   ... and the xtech conference
   ... we thought of may 31-2

   richard: I might have to attend an SSML workshop
   ... I need to get confirmation on this

   yves: I don't know if we would have a sponsor for the location of
   the SSML workshop

   <scribe> scribe missed location of workshop :)

   richard: why did you plan that time?

   yves: it was hard to commit people for the other two weeks
   ... maybe we should wait and see if it is a problem

   richard: I will find out asap

tech plenary f2f

   <scribe> see
   [11]http://www.w3.org/International/its/ftf-200602-Mandelieu.html
   for more info

     [11] http://www.w3.org/International/its/ftf-200602-Mandelieu.html

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Continue conformance discussion on the mailing
   list. (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   yves: Christian and Felix worked on it

   felix describes the rationale for the mail on conformance

   felix: see
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JanMar/0
   231.html

     [13]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JanMar/0231.html

   action items 2,3,4: all done

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to send something on docbook before the tech
   plenary to the list. (DONE) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   Yves: Norm sent an answer

   Felix: Sebastian and me might meet Norm next week

   <scribe> ACTION: All to think of how to organize examples inside and
   outside the specification. (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   Yves: has to do with test suites
   ... and related to discussion on editor call, of sharing the
   examples between the techniques / tagset document

   <scribe> ACTION: Christian and Felix to provide examples for tests,
   and see if we can come up with a common set of conf level (DROPPED)
   [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   Yves: this is like the other action item above

   <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to read the specification and comment
   until the publication date. (DONE) [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   felix: the draft will be published on the 22nd (today)

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to add a strong statement on the top of the
   document about "editors" copy. (PENDING) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   <scribe> ACTION: Owners of the modularizations to keep working on
   them. (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   christian: as for DITA:
   ... I would like to do s.t. similar as Yves has done for DocBook
   ... he sent suggestions to Norm as the maintainer of the DocBook
   schema
   ... and asked him if this is the right way to do it
   ... I could also suggest at the next DITA sub TC call
   ... that somebody from DITA takes ITS and see how it works with DITA
   ... in DocBook, you have e.g. specialization layers
   ... which might be a challenge for integration of ITS
   ... in DITA, you have other schema design issues

   yves: good idea
   ... you might provide them with something
   ... take an example of DITA+ITS
   ... we have not heard from Damian
   ... and open doc
   ... I asked him last week, I'll send an reminder next week
   ... I started also s.t. on XHTML

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to work on XHTML + ITS modularization
   [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

   yves: the problem with XHTML I had was:
   ... as they describe how to have MathML
   ... they say that this makes the document invalid
   ... I don't know how to address that, but I will make a note on it

let's go through the current bugs

   <YvesS>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&
   order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=ITS

     [21]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=ITS

   yves: 2618: proposal from "translateAddinfo"
   ... it was from Francois, I think
   ... we should address it at some point

   felix: we don't have to address this now
   ... only if the comment is made during last call

   yves: 2619 Complexity of precedence rules for "scope" (or
   "selectors")

   Christian: on 2618 again:
   ... can we not close this one now?
   ... is this not a part of translation properties?

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to close 2618 and write a mail to Francois
   about it [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

   Christian: I see the same need as Francois sees
   ... I only think that this is not the scope of ITS

   Yves: we have to make clear that we only address localizability
   issues, not the localization process

   felix: how about closing this, and to go to Francois?

   yves: ok.

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to close 2619 and to go back to Francois
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]

   yves: 2761: part of conformance discussion
   ... 2808: not in the spec yet, but we have a proposal

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to write s.t. about comment 2808 in the spec
   and close the comment [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]

   yves: 2876
   ... about versioning
   ... important issue, where was some discussion
   ... how should we address that?
   ... there are two parts to that:
   ... the version number in the URI
   ... and there is version information in the markup
   ... the latter could be addressed via namespace differences or an
   "version" attribute

   felix: I would not change the namespace URI

   Yves: seems good

   <chriLi> What do the CSS and XSL guys do?

   christian: I'm not sure if I am clear about the topic:
   ... versioning the spec versus versioning the tag set

   yves: I had a confusion about the URI of the spec, versus the URI of
   the namespace

   felix: the versioning story could be only a story of the "ITS markup
   declaration" product

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to write s.t. about versioning for the tagset
   document [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action12]

   Yves: bug 2877
   ... the data category

   christian: I had a look at dita and docbook
   ... and tried to figure out how it works
   ... this might concern other data categories as well
   ... questions where: should we have in the techniques document s.t.
   about equivelant markup?
   ... e.g. should we go for DITA or ITS markup?
   ... that is important for other data categories as well
   ... the other point was on how to relate existing terminology markup
   to ITS markup / the term data category

   <scribe> ACTION: christian to make a bug on the relation between
   existing markup and data categories [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action13]

   yves: 2878
   ... I will try the same thing for segmentation

   felix: how about having deadlines for making progress?

   yves: o.k.

   felix: will write an inital proposal to yves

   yves: bugs 2881,2,3 have been tackled at the editors call

   <scribe> ACTION: tag set editors to integrate discussion result
   about bugs 2881,2,3 (results from editor's call) into the tagset
   document [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action14]

   yves: bug 2890

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to integrate bug 2890 into the tag set
   document [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action15]

   <YvesS> [29]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0601Techniques

     [29] http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0601Techniques

techniques document

   yves: I made some change, after Christian's proposal
   ... it is more clear, but I still have not managed to put the
   localizer here
   ... I added some entries for ruby etc.
   ... currently they are only placeholders
   ... most of the entries are currently empty
   ... one thing we could discuss: language specification
   ... see first item of sec. 2

   <YvesS> [30]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0601TechLangDev

     [30] http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0601TechLangDev

   felix: how about adding a language attribute to ITS?

   richard: the xml:lang attribute definition says "rfc 3066 or its
   successor"
   ... xml:lang exists, and it should be used
   ... it is not a vague statement "or its successor"
   ... I hope that the IETF will clarify the situation soon
   ... we need to check the matching draft though
   ... we should not define what the values for our own

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to bring the xml:lang question to the i18n
   core group (esp. Mark, also Addison) [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action16]

Summary of Action Items

   [DROPPED] ACTION: Christian and Felix to provide examples for tests,
   and see if we can come up with a common set of conf level [recorded
   in [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: christian to make a bug on the relation between
   existing markup and data categories [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action13]
   [NEW] ACTION: felix to bring the xml:lang question to the core group
   (esp. Mark, also Addison) [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action16]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to close 2618 and write a mail to Francois about
   it [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: felix to close 2619 and to go back to Francois
   [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: felix to integrate bug 2890 into the tag set document
   [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action15]
   [NEW] ACTION: felix to write s.t. about comment 2808 in the spec and
   close the comment [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]
   [NEW] ACTION: tag set editors to integrate discussion result about
   bugs 2881,2,3 (results from editor's call) into the tagset document
   [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action14]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to work on XHTML + ITS modularization [recorded
   in [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to write s.t. about versioning for the tagset
   document [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action12]

   [PENDING] ACTION: All to think of how to organize examples inside
   and outside the specification. [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Continue conformance discussion on the mailing
   list. [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Felix to add a strong statement on the top of the
   document about "editors" copy. [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Owners of the modularizations to keep working on
   them. [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   [DONE] ACTION: Everybody to read the specification and comment until
   the publication date. [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to send something on docbook before the tech
   plenary to the list. [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/22-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [48]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([49]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/02/23 07:12:44 $

     [48] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [49] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Thursday, 23 February 2006 07:17:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:06 UTC