Comments for draft (version 1.68 2006/02/14 06:47:17) related to second WD for ITS Specification

From: Lieske, Christian <christian.lieske@sap.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:38:02 +0100
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Hi there,

This was still in my outbox. I don't expect it to be implemented since
it comes in too late. However, I thought it might be valuable for the
next iteration.

Best regards,
Christian

--- 1: 4 Selection of ITS information

I suggest to change to "ITS Selection" since at least to me "Selection
of ITS Information" sounds as if sth. in the host vocabulary selects ITS
info.

--- 2: 4.2.2 Dislocated Selection

I would favour sudivisions such as

	4.2.2.1 DocumentRule
	4.2.2.2 Namespace Handling
	4.2.2.3 SchemaRule

--- 3: Example 15

I am not sure that I understand this, since I would expect "qterm" to be
in the ITS namespace.

<documentRules xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its">
 <its:ns its:prefix="tei" its:uri="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0"/>
 <documentRule its:translate="no" its:translateSelector="//tei:term"/>
 <documentRule its:translate="no" its:translateSelector="//qterm"/>
</its:documentRules>

--- 4: 4.2.2 Dislocated Selection

I guess that the fact that documentRules can appear in a separate file
may merit a subdivion of its own.

--- 5: 5 Data categories

It's very good to have the destinction between definition and
implementation. Possibly more subheadings for
Implementation (such as "in Schema" and "dislocated" would be helpful)

--- 6 : 5.3.1 Localization Information

We may want to have 'purpose' as a general subheading for all data
categories.

--- 7: 7 Markup Declarations

The explanation precedes the formalization (see for example
"Att.datacats"). However, the indentation gives the impression
that the explanation pertains to the preceeding formalization. Thus, I
suggest either to reorder or to remove the indentation.