locInfo

From: Yves Savourel <yves@opentag.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:46:17 -0700
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Hi Felix, and all,

Some notes the locInfo datacat:

- locInfoType is defined as xs:token in the XSD for ITS, but as CDATA in the DTD. Shouldn't we enumerate the values in the DTD?

- If locInfoType is not present, do we have a default value for it? If so, is it description or alert?

- In the description of datacat table (section 4): The default selection in instance document for locInfo is: "Textual content of
element, including content of child elements, but excluding attributes." This imply that every single inline code within a paragraph
that has a locInfo should also have the locInfo applied, is this making sense?
I can see the inheritence interest in some case (for non-inline elements), but if the ITS processor uses some "tree-decoration"
method to propagate the note, this can end up in a huge amount of extra nodes not really necessary. Mmmm... I guess it's a processor
problem...