W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2006

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2006-06-21

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:09:19 +0900
Message-ID: <4499611F.8040205@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org
... are at http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html

and below as text.

- Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n ITS working group

21 Jun 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0137.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Christian, Felix, Goutam, Sebastian, Yves

   Regrets
          Andrzej, Diane, Najib

   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]Implementation/Test suite
         3. [7]Best Practices
         4. [8]Translating and the Computer 28 conference, other
            conferences
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to check how to create path description with
   DOM (PENDING) [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   Yves: did you see last weeks mail from Felix?

   Sebastian: I looked at today's mail, that looked fine

   Christian: Did not look at it, since I don't implement

   Sebastian: The node description might be a problem
   ... i.e. the <output> element
   ... for debugging the difference is interesting, but besides that it
   is fine
   ... if Felix carries on generating that, I will strip out the
   attribute

   Yves: I could do the same

   Felix: how about a counter for each element?

   Yves: for me the output of the selection would be easier to create
   ... Felix found some errors in the draft

   Felix: also in the implementation

   Yves: the last example had some problems

   Felix: maybe because of my XSLT approach

   Yves: So Sebastian and me will try to generate that output

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to write a summary on our position of the
   XHTML modularization issue (DONE [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   my first try
   [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   126.html

     [12]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0126.html

   Yves: comments?

   Sebastian: Basic point is: XHTML Mod is only an example
   ... and Felix is saying that

   Yves: So we wait for Steven's feedback

   Christian: I would like to have another look before we send the mail
   out

   Felix: o.k., I'll wait

   <YvesS>
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   115.html

     [13]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0115.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Sebastian and Yves to look at the namespace issue
   mentioned at
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   115.html (PENDING) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

     [14]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0115.html

   Sebastian: We took the namespace of to allow ITS markup for the
   rules file itself

   Yves: we also had an external comment

   Felix: would it be fine with your implementations?

   Sebastian: is maybe a problem

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to put a paragraph at the top of the document
   which explains the numbering of examples (DONE) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   <YvesS>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#Modularization

     [17]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#Modularization

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to write a mail to calreq(?) about our f2f and
   set up a HP (DONE) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   Yves: posted also the f2f HP

   <scribe> ACTION: All to try out the "translate" test case to achieve
   compatibility of output For implementations (DONE) [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   <scribe> ACTION: Andrzej and everybody who has time to look at
   OpenDocument for creating a section in the modularization (PENDING)
   [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   <scribe> ACTION: Diane to look if there is any Boeing XML document
   type where ITS could be tried out (PENDING) [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix (maybe Richard) to contact STC people about
   editing the best practices draft (DONE) [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to get DocBook feedback from Norm (PENDING)
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]

   <YvesS> [24]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?&product=ITS

     [24] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?&product=ITS

   <fsasak> Christian: Some problematic issues?

   <fsasak> Yves: something about the inheritance

   <fsasak> .. but Sebastian said that is just life

   <fsasak> Sebastian: what to do about the NS issue?

   <fsasak> [25]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3319

     [25] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3319

   <fsasak> ACTION: Sebastian to think about a reply on the NS binding
   issue, bug 3319 [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to get back to Kara for feedback [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action12]

   Felix: how about
   [28]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3126 ? Christian,
   can we leave last call without implementing this?

     [28] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3126

   Christian: It is very important.

   Yves: we have to discuss it before last call leaving
   ... last time we thought of changing the translate data category
   ... but maybe we need a new data category

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to look into
   [29]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3126 recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action13]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3126

   Felix: about general strategy for the future: should we do test
   suite work and replying to comments together?

   Yves: both are important

   Sebastian: If it is about prose, we can make a fast change, but
   things like the NS one effect the implementations

   <YvesS> [31]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?&product=ITS

     [31] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?&product=ITS

   Sebastian: Felix, could you change on the assigned persons?

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to change the assigned persons for the
   different bugs [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action14]

Implementation/Test suite

   Sebastian: Have you used other data categories than translatability?

   Felix: locInfo, terminology, directionality, but not all examples

Best Practices

   Yves: Martin send some feedback

   Felix: I made some changes to the CSS etc.

   Yves: it looks better now
   ... I have made some changes
   ... to address Richard's concerns
   ... I got some feedback from DITA people
   ... I started to work on generic techniques
   ... I also worked on ITS and DITA
   ... I am still struggling with ITS and the DITA DTD

   <YvesS>
   [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   135.html

     [33]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0135.html

Translating and the Computer 28 conference, other conferences

   Yves: if somebody wants to go, it might be good
   ... btw., I made a submission for localization world about ITS

   Christian: I asked people from the OASIS standards day about our
   submisson
   ... we have to wait until the end of July
   ... Felix, the presentations for XTech and Extreme Markup Languages,
   could I get them?

   XTech link [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/Talks/0518-xtech-its/

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2006/Talks/0518-xtech-its/

   Extreme Presentation link
   [35]http://www.w3.org/People/fsasaki/its-eml05

     [35] http://www.w3.org/People/fsasaki/its-eml05

   Yves: I look for other stuff

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to change the assigned persons for the different
   bugs [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action14]
   [NEW] ACTION: Sebastian to think about a reply on the NS binding
   issue, bug 3319 [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to get back to Kara for feedback [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action12]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to look into
   [39]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3126 recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action13]

     [39] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3126

   [PENDING] ACTION: Andrzej and everybody who has time to look at
   OpenDocument for creating a section in the modularization [recorded
   in [41]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Diane to look if there is any Boeing XML document
   type where ITS could be tried out [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Felix to check how to create path description with
   DOM [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Sebastian and Yves to look at the namespace issue
   mentioned at
   [44]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   115.html [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Yves to get DocBook feedback from Norm [recorded
   in [46]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]

     [44]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0115.html

   [DONE] ACTION: All to try out the "translate" test case to achieve
   compatibility of output For implementations [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix (maybe Richard) to contact STC people about
   editing the best practices draft [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to write a summary on our position of the XHTML
   modularization issue [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to put a paragraph at the top of the document
   which explains the numbering of examples [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to write a mail to calreq(?) about our f2f and
   set up a HP [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [52]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([53]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/06/21 15:06:57 $

     [52] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [53] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Wednesday, 21 June 2006 15:09:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:07 UTC