W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2006

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2006-06-14

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:09:59 +0900
Message-ID: <449026C7.3030205@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org
... are at http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html and below
as text.


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n ITS working group

14 Jun 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0120.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Diane, Felix, Goutam, Yves

   Regrets
          Andrzej, Christian, Sebastian

   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]Implementation/Test suite
         3. [7]Feedback from DITA
         4. [8]LISA Terminology SIG feedback
         5. [9]XHTML modularization
         6. [10]f2f meeting
         7. [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/20
            06AprJun/0077.html
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix (maybe Richard) to contact STC people about
   editing the best practices draft (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   Felix: Richard and me send a mail, no reply yet

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to look into the techniques XSLT templates
   for numbering (DROPPED) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   Felix: Richard said he would prefer the old way of numbering

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to put a paragraph at the top of the document
   which explains the numbering of examples [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   <scribe> ACTION: All to try out the "translate" test case to achieve
   compatibility of output For implementations. (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: Andrzej and everybody who has time to look at
   OpenDocument for creating a section in the modularization (PENDING)
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   <scribe> ACTION: Diane to look if there is any Boeing XML document
   type where ITS could be tried out. (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   Yves: Diane send a file, we had some conversation on that

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to get DocBook feedback from Norm. (PENDING)
   [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   Yves: I will make s.t. Norm can look at for DocBook

Implementation/Test suite

   <YvesS>
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   115.html

     [20]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0115.html

   (input from Felix)

   Yves describes the mail

   Felix: two parts are here: generalization of the data category,
   versus a format for the test suite

   Yves: should we have this in the spec?

   Felix: better not, it is somehow specific to my XSLT implementation

   Yves: how about the issue with the langPointer value?

   Felix: we have not made in the spec explicit that the value of
   pointer attributes is not part of the ouput

   Discussion; Felix is convinced that the pointer attribute is no
   issue

   Yves: as for locInfoRef, some people might expect the resolved URI

   Felix: that would not work with the current mechanism
   ... ITS information is only about information attached to nodes

   Yves: another issue is the namespace-less on global rules

   <scribe> ACTION: Sebastian to look at the namespace issue mentioned
   at
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   115.html [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

     [21]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0115.html

   yves: as the output format concerns: it looks nice
   ... but it is hard to create the path description
   ... is there a function to do that in the DOM?

   <YvesS> [23]http://www.w3.org/International/its/tests/dc-result1.xml

     [23] http://www.w3.org/International/its/tests/dc-result1.xml

   Felix: don't know, have a look

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to check how to create path description with
   DOM [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

   Yves: maybe that is too much information?

   felix: yes, not necessary for the conformance testing
   ... the same as the outputType information

Feedback from DITA

   Yves: we got very basic feedback, mostly regarding terminology
   ... I guess they will not give us more feedback
   ... the next step for them was to see if I would add ITS information
   to DITA
   ... the DITA schema(s) are very complex

   Felix: DITA will not support many ITS stuff natively

   Yves: that's maybe not necessary

   Felix: I am wondering if they appreciate the general ITS mechanisms

   Yves: maybe via locInfo

   Felix: maybe the ITS mechanisms are just good :)

   Yves: I see an issue with directionality

   Felix: a general problem with user agent oriented, interactive stuff

   Yves: so more relevant for content authoring people
   ... e.g. open office developers

LISA Terminology SIG feedback

   Yves: maybe they are not aware of the LC deadline, or don't care
   ... next week, we will push them again

XHTML modularization

   yves: it might not work for other formats as well

   felix: currently we rely on ODD

   yves: could we not do the modularization manually?
   ... and give an example in the techniques?

   felix: good idea

   yves: XHTML modularization is still a WD

   felix: would not be an issue if we make only a non-normative example

   yves: so in the techniques
   ... they can use it, if they want to, but not normative

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to write a summary on our position of the
   XHTML modularization issue [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]

f2f meeting

   yves: we stick with what we say last time at
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#item05 ?

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#item05

   felix: yes

   yves: so 6,7 and 8 of September

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to write a mail to calreq(?) about our f2f and
   set up a HP [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]

[28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006AprJun/007
7.html

     [28]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006AprJun/0077.html

   issue on propagation of language information or e.g. transtability
   information

   yves: I could start a section on that in the techniques

   <GoutamSaha> Good Night, Felix, Yves and Diane

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to check how to create path description with DOM
   [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to write a summary on our position of the XHTML
   modularization issue [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: Sebastian to look at the namespace issue mentioned at
   [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   115.html [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to put a paragraph at the top of the document
   which explains the numbering of examples [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to write a mail to calreq(?) about our f2f and
   set up a HP [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]

     [31]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0115.html

   [PENDING] ACTION: All to try out the "translate" test case to
   achieve compatibility of output For implementations. [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Andrzej and everybody who has time to look at
   OpenDocument for creating a section in the modularization [recorded
   in [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Diane to look if there is any Boeing XML document
   type where ITS could be tried out. [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Felix (maybe Richard) to contact STC people about
   editing the best practices draft [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Yves to get DocBook feedback from Norm. [recorded
   in [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   [DROPPED] ACTION: Felix to look into the techniques XSLT templates
   for numbering [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/14-i18nits-minutes.html#action02] End
   of minutes]

     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [41]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([42]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/06/14 15:08:17 $

     [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Wednesday, 14 June 2006 15:10:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:07 UTC