W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2006

ITS Teleconference Minutes 2006-05-31

From: Yves Savourel <yves@opentag.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 17:33:54 +0200
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>
Message-ID: <001301c684c7$a12b36c0$1a32a8c0@Breizh>

ITS Teleconference Minutes 2006-05-31

Present: Andrzej, Christian, Diane, Yves 
Regrets: Goutam, Felix
Chair: Yves 
Scribe: Yves


Review of Action Items
======================

-01 [PENDING]: Yves to add a sentence on "these examples are illustrative" to the modularization section of the best practices.
--> Still pending

-02 [ONGOING]: All to review the xs:annotation elements in http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/its.xsd
--> Considered done.

-05 [PENDING]: All to try out the "translate" test case to achieve compatibility of output For implementations.
--> Still pending.

-07 [PENDING]: Felix to check how license should be handled in the schema.
--> Still pending.


Discussions
===========

We looked at the current bug list and went through the latest ones.

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3287 Felix to follow up
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3290 Christian to follow up
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3291 Yves to follow up
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3292 Felix/Sebastian to follow up
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3293 Felix to follow up
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3294 To close
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3295 Need more feedback
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3296 To close
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3297 Felix to follow up

We looked at the best Practices documents modularization.
We'll try to get DITA 1.2 and OpenDocument 2.0 done and added to the BP. DocBook if possible (but it's a lot of work and need
feedback from Norm). Andrzej mentioned OpenOffice could be interesting. Yves noted XAML as a possible example for a
resource-oriented format (the other we have are mostly document-oriented). To see about that later. Maybe a format used at Boeing
could also be used as an example (Diane to investigate).

We discussed the test suite a bit.
Andrzej will be aiming at implementing some of the data categories too. The first test we wanted to try was the translatability. The
test output would be a simple text file with one line per translatable node (or attribute).

We briefly talked about the next face-to-face. From the last face-to-face discussion we had tentative picked Sep-12,13,14 in
Boulder, Colorado. If no-one has any objection by next Wednesday, we'll make it official then.


Action Items for Meeting
========================

-01 [PENDING]: Yves to add a sentence on "these examples are illustrative" to the modularization section of the best practices.

-02 [PENDING]: All to try out the "translate" test case to achieve compatibility of output For implementations.

-03 [PENDING]: Felix to check how license should be handled in the schema.

-04 [NEW]: Yves to contact Heartsome (Rodolfo) for feedback.

-05 [NEW]: Andrzej to look at OpenDocument for creating a section in the modularization.

-06 [NEW]: Yves to get DocBook feedback from Norm.

-07 [NEW]: Diane to look if there is any Boeing XML document type where ITS could be tried out.


Next meeting is Jun-07 same time.


Kenavo,
-yves
Received on Wednesday, 31 May 2006 15:34:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:07 UTC