W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2006

Teleconference Minutes 2006-05-24

From: Yves Savourel <yves@opentag.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:25:46 +0200
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>
Message-ID: <008901c67f46$552600b0$640fa8c0@Breizh>

ITS Teleconference Minutes 2006-05-24

Present: Christian, Yves 
Regrets: Andrzej, Sebastian, Felix
Chair: Yves 
Scribe: Yves

Review of Action Items
======================

-01 [NEW]: Felix to add a sentence on "these examples are illustrative" to the modularization section
-> Yves to check and add it if necessary for the next round. -> Pending.

-02 [NEW]: Sebastian to make a reword of the paragraph on the change of the "not more than one rules element" requirement.
Done: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0084.html

-03 [NEW]: Yves to send the reply to Jerry's comment.
Done.

-04 [PENDING]: all to review the xs:annotation elements in http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/its.xsd
Ongoing.

-05 [PENDING]: All to try out the "translate" test case to achieve compatibility of output For implementations.
Pending.

-06 [PENDING]: Felix to add time stamps to the examples in the specification Done.
Done.

-07 [PENDING]: Felix to check how license should be handled in the schema.
Ongoing.


Discussions
===========

We briefly discussed the feedback received so far.
Using non-invasive mechanism (global rules) seems positive.
Karl's comments should be easy to address.
Need to look a bit at select/selector
Need to explore doing an XHTML module for ITS (felix, Richard any suggestion?)
Concer about the cost of process using Xpath... Need to be tried out on real documents. Maybe more a problem for rendering-related
data categories. Maybe need a simpler real mapping in some cases (lang, ruby?)

We discussed how to get more tools vendor to review the specification.
Action Item: Need to contact some tools vendors dirctly.

We discussed the possible presentation at Tekom. Christian (maybe also felix) may go.
Christian, Yves and Felix to work on the summary for the submission (deadline is May-26).

We closed the meeting to get working on the Tekom proposal.

Next meeting is May-31 same time.


That's all.
-yves
Received on Wednesday, 24 May 2006 16:18:32 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:07 UTC