W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2006

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2006-05-10

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 01:07:31 +0900
Message-ID: <44620FC3.9080202@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org
... are at http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html

and below as text.

Regards, Felix.


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n ITS working group

10 May 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0064.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Christian, Diane, Felix, Sebastian, Yves

   Regrets
          Richard, Andrzej

   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]having not more than one rules element per document
         3. [7]last call decision
         4. [8]requirements document and best practices document
         5. [9]next call
         6. [10]discussion on "more than one rules element" (with
            christian)
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: all to review the xs:annotation elements in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/its.xsd (ONGOING)
   [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/its.xsd

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix (possibly others) to look on the issue of
   xml:base, see
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   156.html (DONE) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

     [14]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0156.html

   yves: xml:base is covered by xlink, so we don't need a direct
   reference
   ... does xml:base look like xml:lang?

   felix: very similar

   sebastian: TEI does not use xml:base either

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to add time stamps to the examples in the
   specification (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   sebastian: timestamps are just for internal use, not for the final
   document

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to post a mail with the proposal at
   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   156.html (DONE) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

     [17]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0156.html

   yves: everybody fine with the new title, so we use it.

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to post his thoughts on Jerry's comments on
   the member list. (DONE) [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to post a mail with the proposal at
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   156.html (DONE) [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

     [20]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0156.html

   yves: felix started implementing that in the tagset draft
   ... as for Jerry's comment and my reply, any opinions?
   ... the only change I would make: the terminology for the
   "translate" attribute
   ... it is more than "translatable" rather than "translate"

   felix: how about the terminology "localizability"

   yves: if it could do s.t. against the concerns of Jerry or others

   sebastian: jerry wants better semantics for the markup, but that's
   hard to achieve
   ... ITS is s.t. not for typical authors, rather for technical people

   <scribe> ACTION: yves to send the reply to Jerry's comment [recorded
   in [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   <scribe> ACTION: All to try out the "translate" test case to achieve
   compatibility of output (PENDING) [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

   <scribe> ACTION: Christian and Felix to finish the text for the
   inclusion issue (DONE) [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to check how license should be handled in the
   schema. (PENDING) [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]

   felix: I contacted some people, no reply yet

   <scribe> ACTION: Sebastian and Yves to work on integration of
   modularization section into best practices document (DONE) [recorded
   in [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]

   yves: felix wanted to have docbook as a modularization as well. The
   "within text" is not finished yet
   ... it is very hard to do for docbook

   sebastian: just say that these examples are illustrations

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to add a sentence on "these examples are
   illustrative" to the modularization section [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action12]

   yves: I'll send felix the HTML file of docbook

   <scribe> ACTION: Sebastian to get rid of "empties" from generated
   schema (DONE) [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action13]

having not more than one rules element per document

   felix: is that constraint necessary?

   sebastian: you may have several rules elements per document, for
   embedding
   ... there is a lack of parallelism: you can have several rules with
   pointing, but not with adding in one doc

   yves: we had a problem with the version conflicts

   sebastian: you could say if you have element that must not have
   different versions
   ... felix could change the text like that

   yves: any other problems?

   felix: the precedence between rules?

   yves: can be solved by merging them in document order

   felix: paragraph about rules:
   [29]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset-diff-200
   60414.html#selection-global

     [29]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset-diff-20060414.html#selection-global

   sebastian: felix, make sure that the URI for the BP document is the
   right one

   felix: will do

   yves: as fur the rules: everybody o.k. to allow them?

   <scribe> ACTION: sebastian to make a reword of the paragraph on the
   change of the "not more than one rules element" requirement
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action14]

last call decision

   yves: we have to decide this week
   ... everybody fine with that?
   ... people who don't agree should write a mail until Friday

requirements document and best practices document

   <YvesS>
   [31]http://www.w3.org/International/its/requirements/Overview.html

     [31] http://www.w3.org/International/its/requirements/Overview.html

   <YvesS>
   [32]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml

     [32] http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html

   yves: both documents are not last call docs
   ... if you have problems, please mention that before Friday

   felix: we need a transition request for the "best practices" doc,
   could you send a mail to the list?

   yves: will do

next call

   yves: next week, same time
   ... regrets from sebastian and felix

   christian? could you call in?

discussion on "more than one rules element" (with christian)

   yves summarizes the discussion

   christian: when would you have one than more rules element?

   yves: if you want to split them in various parts, or have inclusion
   (or not)

   christian: great

   sebastian's text proposal:

   "If there is more than one <rules> element in an XML document,

   the rules from each section are to be processed at the

   same precedence level. The <rules> sections are to be read in
   document

   order, and the ITS rules with them processed sequentially."

   felix: we need the text on "there MUST be the same version"

   christian: fine with that

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: felix to add a sentence on "these examples are
   illustrative" to the modularization section [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action12]
   [NEW] ACTION: sebastian to make a reword of the paragraph on the
   change of the "not more than one rules element" requirement
   [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action14]
   [NEW] ACTION: yves to send the reply to Jerry's comment [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   [PENDING] ACTION: all to review the xs:annotation elements in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/its.xsd recorded
   in [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: All to try out the "translate" test case to
   achieve compatibility of output [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Felix to add time stamps to the examples in the
   specification [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Felix to check how license should be handled in
   the schema. [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]

     [36] http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/its.xsd

   [DONE] ACTION: Christian and Felix to finish the text for the
   inclusion issue [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix (possibly others) to look on the issue of
   xml:base, see
   [42]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   156.html [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [DONE] ACTION: Sebastian and Yves to work on integration of
   modularization section into best practices document [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]
   [DONE] ACTION: Sebastian to get rid of "empties" from generated
   schema [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action13]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to post a mail with the proposal at
   [46]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   156.html [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to post a mail with the proposal at
   [48]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   156.html [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to post his thoughts on Jerry's comments on the
   member list. [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/10-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

     [42]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0156.html
     [46]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0156.html
     [48]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0156.html

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [51]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([52]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/05/10 16:06:00 $

     [51] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [52] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Wednesday, 10 May 2006 16:07:57 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:07 UTC