Re: [I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2006-04-26

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Felix Sasaki wrote:
>
>> As for action item
>> http://www.w3.org/2006/04/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action10 "Felix to
>> check how license should be handled in the schema": W3C produces only
>> royalty-free specs and schemas, so there are now license obligations.
>>

> Assuming that last "now" means "no", this is not acceptable.
> There must be some pro-active statement licensing people to
> use and copy the schema.

sorry, "now" means "no".

Every W3C draft / specs says at the top "W3C liability, trademark and
document use rules apply.".

Maybe you are looking for
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231 ?

Why must there be an additional statement? For example, there is no
statement saying "it is o.k. to use the XML Schema for schemas?", see
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#normative-schemaSchema

- Felix