From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org]
Sent: Mittwoch, 26. April 2006 17:32
To: Lieske, Christian
Cc: public-i18n-its@w3.org
Subject: Re: Possible wording for acknowledged but yet uncovered
requirement related to non-textual content

Hi Christian, all,

Lieske, Christian wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> I promised to send this during today's conference call. It combines
> stuff from my original mail, and some of Felix' feedback. I am not
sure
> at all wrt. the correct wording for the last sentence.
>
> Best regards,
> Christian
> ---
> In certain cases, it is necessary to attach ITS information to element
> or attribute nodes (as opposed to text nodes). An information
architect
> may for example have to express that all images (which in his XML
> vocabulary are referenced via an "src" attribute on an "img" element)
> have to be localized (since they for example are only valid for a
> certain culture).
>
> From the point of view of ITS selection, this requirement poses a
> challenge since the default selection of the ITS data categories and
the
> use of XPath do not cater for the attachment mechanism that is needed.
> Furthermore, it requires specific thoughts related to precedence and
> inheritance.
>
> The ITS Working Group intend to discuss appropriate mechanisms.

What you wrote is worded very similar to the other requirements in the
requirements document, see http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-itsreq-20051122/
. How about putting your paragraph into that document? At
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#introductio
, we have a link to requirements which are not addressed yet.

I would strongly disagree with putting that text, namely about a
not-addressed requirement, in the last call draft. There are many people
who will just beat us up saying "what is your concept of last call"?

Regards, Felix.