W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2006

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2006-04-12

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:15:58 +0900
Message-ID: <443D19AE.50001@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org
.. are at

http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html

and below as text.


- Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n ITS working group

12 Apr 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0017.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Andrzej, Christian, Felix, Goutam, Sebastian, Yves

   Regrets
   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]proposal about versioning
         2. [6]product's that ITS should encompass
         3. [7]element within text
         4. [8]proposal for ruby
         5. [9]rescheduling of topics
         6. [10]further action items
         7. [11]f2f topics
         8. [12]next meeting
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

proposal about versioning

   yves: last consensus: we don't have a consensus
   ... proposals:
   ... 1) put ITS version on root of the document
   ... 2) put ITS version attribute only on the root if there is no
   its:rules element, otherwise it would be at its:rules
   ... 3) as 1), and if there is no attribute present, we assume that
   it is version 1.0

   felix: I have no thought now, let's go through it during the f2f

   yves: o.k.

product's that ITS should encompass

   <YvesS> [14]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=2761

     [14] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=2761

   yves: that is the current state
   ... I commented on what we had proposed by Christian and Felix
   ... Felix entered most of the changes in the draft
   ... so is everybody o.k. with what we have as a conformance text?

   Andrzej: they have quite resonable conformance critera

   <scribe> ACTION: yves and felix to integrate the link related stuff
   into the conformance section [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

element within text

   <YvesS>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#dat
   acat-within-text

     [16]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#datacat-within-text

   yves: one issue: the subflow issue is left
   ... Andrzej wants also a "subflow" attribute
   ... it would say that we content would be a different part of the
   text
   ... I think it is difficult to make the difference between subflow
   and not subflow

   Andrzej: the problem I have:
   ... if we don't list them as with "within text"
   ... we will have problems with segmentation processes

   <YvesS> <li>some text:<p>some more text</p></li>

   yves: what would you do with cases like that?
   ... e.g. XHTML allows those type of things

   sebastian: what would you do about embedded graphics?

   Andrzej: it is a subflow

   yves: so these subflows we would have a placeholder, and the text
   woud be extracted separately?

   Andrzej: yes
   ... treating this separately gives you good granularity
   ... so the emmbedded graphic is not a problem, but the list with a
   paragraph
   ... it is o.k. in DITA, XHTML, DocBook
   ... they are a kind of "top level elements"

   yves: so if p is in li, would p be a subflow?

   Andrzej: no

   Yves: so what do we do with it?

   Andrzej: the process would segment the sentence and come to the p

   yves: so you would have a text broken in different segments

   Andrzej: yes, since the p is not designed to be a subflow
   ... I think true subflows are index markers, titles in XHTLM etc.

   yves: I see the problem that people will not know how to
   differentiate the usage of these two categories?
   ... I would say: we don't need subflow as a category, it is just
   within text
   ... so we say: not listing it as an inline element would make it a
   subflow?

   sebastian: because it is the default?

   Yves: yes. so we could get rid of the subflow attribute?

   Andrzej: yes

   sebastian: I will think about a better name than withinText until
   next week

proposal for ruby

   <YvesS>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#rub
   y-sec

     [17]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#ruby-sec

   yves: what felix did:
   ... he went through the definition of the ruby module
   ... I saw you implemented the same model as the ruby w3c tr?

   felix: yes, including the conformance

   yves: how will we test for ruby?

   felix: I would say for local we don't have to do anything
   ... just rely on existing tests for the W3C TR ruby
   ... as for global rules, we can handle ruby like everything else

rescheduling of topics

   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   014.html

     [18]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0014.html

   yves: describes topics for next week (f2f week)
   ... processing expectations for ruby / dir,
   [19]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=2915
   ... metadata for rules
   ... indicator for constraints
   ... everybody fine with that?

     [19] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=2915

   Andrzej: I will be in Shanghai next week
   ... I have to leave now

further action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to think about which W3C working groups
   shoud comment on the tagset last call draft (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   yves: please send your ideas to Felix

   felix: Liam Quin said the draft looks o.k.
   ... I'd propose to have CSS, XSLT

   <scribe> ACTION: Sebastian to give feedback on the 'overriding'
   change proposal, Diane to look at it again (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   yves: Sebastian, what do you think about our current terminology in
   the spec?

   sebastian: I think we are overriding

   yves: so we all agree

   sebastian: a term like "precedence" is a social time

   <scribe> ACTION: editor's to replace 'overwriting' with 'overriding'
   in the spec [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to summarize "loc prop" discussion (DONE)
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to summarize the terminology discussion on
   "localization properties" (DONE) [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to write a paragraph on versioning for the
   tagset draft (PENDING) [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   yves: that's for the f2f

   <scribe> ACTION: Editor's of the techniques document: give examples
   how to use its:locInfoRef (DONE) [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

   <YvesS> [27]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0601TechLocInfoDev

     [27] http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0601TechLocInfoDev

   yves: please comment and make change proposals in the wiki

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to describe an additional level of
   conformance for Ruby (DROPPED) [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

   <scribe> ACTION: Spec editors to integrate discussion result about
   bugs 2881,2,3 (DONE) [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]

f2f topics

   felix: should we talk about the schema design?

   sebastian: we are too deep in the topic
   ... let's be prepared to talk about the schema design, but it is not
   absolutly mandatory
   ... what do I have to prepare except internet and a phone, a
   projector?

   yves: me, christian and felix are in the same hotel
   ... any comments on the f2f?

   felix: I will try to organize the work better

   christian: a further topic: organization of work in the group

next meeting

   yves: please think about locations, timing

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: editor's to replace 'overwriting' with 'overriding' in
   the spec [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: yves and felix to integrate the link related stuff
   into the conformance section [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Everybody to think about which W3C working groups
   shoud comment on the tagset last call draft [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Sebastian to give feedback on the 'overriding'
   change proposal, Diane to look at it again [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Yves to write a paragraph on versioning for the
   tagset draft [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   [DONE] ACTION: Editor's of the techniques document: give examples
   how to use its:locInfoRef [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]
   [DONE] ACTION: Spec editors to integrate discussion result about
   bugs 2881,2,3 [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to summarize "loc prop" discussion [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to summarize the terminology discussion on
   "localization properties" [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   [DROPPED] ACTION: Richard to describe an additional level of
   conformance for Ruby [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [40]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([41]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/04/12 15:14:05 $

     [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Wednesday, 12 April 2006 15:16:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:07 UTC