Re: Integreated changes in sec "introduction" and "basic concepts"

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 12:50:29 +0900
To: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Cc: "'Lieske, Christian'" <christian.lieske@sap.com>, public-i18n-its@w3.org
Hi Yves,

Many thanks for the comments. Christian, will you be able to integrate
them on Monday?

Some further comments below.

Yves Savourel wrote:
> Hi Christian, Felix, and all,
>

> Here are my notes on section 2:
>
> ---1: Paragraph 1 and everywhere.
>
> Maybe thing like "its:translate='yes'" could/(should?) be formatted to look like code rather than put bteween quotes?
>

> ---2: Pargaraph 2:
>
> In "the "style" element" 'style' should be formatted with the <elem> markup not between quote. Same for "style attribute" (to format
> with the <att> element).

for elements, you'd use <gi>
for attributes, you use <att>
for values, you use <val>
for everything else, you use <code>.

> ---3: first bullet:
>
> "local approachputs ITS " is missing a space before "puts".
>

> ---4: Pargaraph "ITS markup can be used with XML documents (e.g. a DocBook article), or schemas (e.g. an XSD for a proprietary
> document format). Since each usage defines some specific requirements, ITS markup in XML documents may look slightly different than
> ITS markup in schemas."
>
> The last sentence is to be dropped or reworded since we don't have a distinction between document and schema anymore.
>

> ---5: Examples
>
> Reminder: Many examples have extra blank lines that should be removed.
>

> ---6: Paragraph above Example 9:
>
> A) "thetranslate attribute " missing space before "translate"
>
> B) I think "...play a part in identifying which content is to be translated and which not."
> Should be "play a part in identifying which content is to be translated and which does not." 'does' is missing. (Native speaker to
> confirm/correct please).
>

> ---7: Pargaraph below Example 9:
>
> A) "used with a "style" element " 'style' should formatted as <elem>
>
> B) " The head of a document can contain..." I'm not sure we should say "the head" ITS rules can be placed anywhere the schema
> designer wants, not just the head.
>
> C) "As their name suggests, this attribute..." I would say: "As its name suggests, this attribute "
>

> ---8: bullet 1 in the first 4-bullets group:
>
> "...all 2p" elements..." should be "...all p elements" with p formatted as <elem>.
>

> ---9: last bullet in first 4-bullet group:
>
> A) "It is possible to map ITS markup to existing markup (for example the term element in DITA)"
> I would use something else than 'map' since we may need that term for 'real mapping' some day. "associate" maybe?
>
> B) "term" should be formatted as <elem> not italics.
>

> ---10: Paragraph below the 2-bullet group:
>
> A) "ITS markup in some cases appears " I would add commas:
> "ITS markup, in some cases, appears "
>
> B) "corresponding selector attribute(in the example translateSelector)." There is a missing space after 'attribute' and
> translateSelector should be selector.
>
> ---11: last bullet of the 4-bullet group above Example 10:
>
> "ITS markup to map to existing markup (for example the term element in DITA)" Same as before for 'map'. Now I realize that 'Mapping'
> is used in section 5.4. Maybe this could be replaced by "association" or something similar? I'm concern about using the term 'map'
> because of possible 'real mapping' coming later
>

> ---12: Paragraph above Example 10:
>
> "The power of ITS selector attributes comes at a price: rules related to overwriting/precedence, and inheritance, have to be
> established."
>
> A) 'selector' should (probably) be bolded/blue and linked to its definition.

interesting that it is blue in IE. In Firefox it is green, which is
right according to

a.itsmarkup {
color: #008000;
	font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: none;}

however, I don't know what to do about it.

- Felix