W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2006

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2006-04-05

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 00:17:06 +0900
Message-ID: <4433DF72.20208@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org
... are at

http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html

and below as text.

- Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n ITS working group

5 Apr 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0007.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Christian, Diane, Felix, Yves

   Regrets
          Sebastian, Andrzej

   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]versioning
         2. [6]Decide on term "localization properties"
         3. [7]Decide on term "data category"
         4. [8]conformance section
         5. [9]further action items
         6. [10]last call preparation
         7. [11]topics for next week
         8. [12]next face-to-face meeting (after Oxford)
         9. [13]XTech paper
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

versioning

   <YvesS> [15]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=2876

     [15] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=2876

   Yves: last summary was to have an its:version attribute, to put at
   the top of the document
   ... Martin had some comments about the future version

   Felix: would it be in the rules element as well?

   Yves: if it is an external file which is not linked
   ... if it has a version, you take the rules from the top level
   element in that file
   ... XSLT puts the version in the root element as well

   Christian: I'd go for a version attribute both at the top of the doc
   and the rules element

   Felix: XSLT way:

   [[[Definition: There are a number of standard attributes that may
   appear on any XSLT element: specifically version,
   exclude-result-prefixes, extension-element-prefixes,
   xpath-default-namespace, default-collation, and use-when.]]]

   Yves: rules can have their own version, they are prossed before the
   other ones

   Christian: We could say: If you include a rules element
   ... in your document, you could put the version identifier in the
   rules element
   ... if you don't have a rules element, then put it on the top most
   element of the host vocabulary

   <chriLi> test

   Yves: do we need that for version 1?

   <chriLi> We don't want this, right? <foo
   its:version="1.0"><its:documentRules
   xmlns:its="[16]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its" its:version="1.0">

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its

   Yves: why not?
   ... the rules element is s.t. you can link
   ... so it may be of a different version

   Christian: you should have either

   Yves: summary: either a version number at the top of the document,
   or in the rules element

   Christian: no, always in the rules element

   Yves: what if you would have both?

   Felix: for the top of the document, the version attribute at the
   root element counts, for the rules element, the mandatory attribute
   at the rules element

   Yves: how about having a version attribute at top of the document
   only? That could be used for external rules as well

   <chriLi> I suggest: It is incorrect to have its:version at the
   top-level if there exists an its:Rules

   <chriLi> I suggest: It is incorrect to have its:version at the
   top-level if there exists an its:Rules

   Yves: if you have rules, it is the rules version
   ... if you have local only, it is local only, if you have both, it
   is the rules which wins

   Diane: I think we need that information somewhere

   Yves: we can try that
   ... so let's go for that

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to write a paragraph on versioning for the
   tagset draft [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

Decide on term "localization properties"

   Yves: everybody agrees that we will have no change on this.

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to summarize the terminology discussion on
   "localization properties" [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

Decide on term "data category"

   Yves: again agreement.

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to summarize "loc prop" discussion [recorded
   in [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

conformance section

   Yves: any further comments?
   ... according for our schedule, that will be an item this week

further action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Editor's of the techniques document: give examples
   how to use its:locInfoRef (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   Yves: if you have comments, please tell me

   Felix: we could use the period of ITS tagset last call for that

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to describe an additional level of
   conformance for Ruby (PENDING) [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to remind Richard of ruby additional level
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   <scribe> ACTION: Spec editors to integrate discussion result about
   bugs 2881,2,3 (PENDING) [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   Yves: we wait until Friday to see if people agree

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to write a mail to the data category thread
   (DROPPED) [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to see what problems could happen if there is
   no prefix at rule elements? (DONE) [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

   Yves: I tried that with my implementations, but there were no
   problems

   Felix: in the next draft, it will still be with prefixes, due to
   editing problems

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to write a mail about his finding about the
   usage of "overriding" (DONE) [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]

   Yves: even Richard used "overriding"
   ... Sebastian gave two definitions

   <scribe> ACTION: Sebastian to give feedback on the overriding change
   proposal, Diane to look at it again [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]

last call preparation

   <YvesS>
   [28]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html

     [28] http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html

   Felix: please give feedback of my changes with regard to syntax
   changes

   <scribe> ACTION: everybody to give feedback on the tagset draft
   [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action11x]

   Christian: I made only initial changes
   ... it will be a section "introduction" and "basic concepts"
   ... I will work on it later today, and tomorrow

   Yves: how about publishing on Friday?

   Felix: o.k., Friday next week
   ... with final input of Christian on Friday this week
   ... as for groups, please tell me from whom you want to have
   feedback

   yves: how about XSLT people?

   christian: is it good design to have localizable in XSLT?

   yves: it is reality

   <scribe> ACTION: everybody to think about which W3C working groups
   shoud comment on the tagset last call draft [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action12]

topics for next week

   yves: conformance to be finalized
   ... element within text
   ... ruby

   <scribe> ACTION: everybody to look at rescheduling proposed at
   [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   001.html [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action13]

     [31]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0001.html

next face-to-face meeting (after Oxford)

   felix: end of last call period would be good

   yves: how about specific locations?
   ... I would propose "Boulder"
   ... it is far for people in Europe

   felix: as we discuss last call issues, we need as many people as
   possible

XTech paper

   felix: deadline is [33]http://xtech06.usefulinc.com/content/speakers
   ... first create input to tag set draft, then to the XTech paper

     [33] http://xtech06.usefulinc.com/content/speakers

   Yves: on Friday, we will discuss Christian's changes

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: everybody to look at rescheduling proposed at
   [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0
   001.html [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action13]
   [NEW]ACTION: everybody to give feedback on the tagset draft
   [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action11x]
   [NEW] ACTION: everybody to think about which W3C working groups
   shoud comment on the tagset last call draft [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action12]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to remind Richard of ruby additional level
   [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Sebastian to give feedback on the overriding change
   proposal, Diane to look at it again [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action11]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to summarize "loc prop" discussion [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to summarize the terminology discussion on
   "localization properties" [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to write a paragraph on versioning for the tagset
   draft [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

     [34]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0001.html

   [PENDING] ACTION: Editor's of the techniques document: give examples
   how to use its:locInfoRef [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Richard to describe an additional level of
   conformance for Ruby [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Spec editors to integrate discussion result about
   bugs 2881,2,3 [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to see what problems could happen if there is no
   prefix at rule elements? [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to write a mail about his finding about the
   usage of "overriding" [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action10]

   [DROPPED] ACTION: Felix to write a mail to the data category thread
   [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [49]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([50]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/04/05 15:15:14 $

     [49] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [50] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


Received on Wednesday, 5 April 2006 15:17:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:07 UTC