Re: Localization Properties

Hi Christian,

I am a little bit confused because I thought we would not do localization
properties within the ITS tagset. Is this
<its:documentRule translate="yes" translateSelect="//text"/>
a localization property? Also, I see a problem with your definition

> Localization properties can be realized in a number of ways and in a
> number of places:
>
> 1. in a kind of header section in a certain content
> 2. in a separate file associcated with a certain content or content type
> 3. in a schema

because "1. in a kind of header section in a certain content" can be
constructed automatically from each in situ usage of ITS, e.g.

<svg width="10cm" height="3cm" viewBox="0 0 1000 300"
>      xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" version="1.1"
>  xmlns:its="http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its" >
>     <text x="250" y="150" its:translate="yes">
>     Hello, out there
>   </text>
>   <rect x="1" y="1" width="998" height="298"
>         fill="none" stroke="blue" stroke-width="2" />
> </svg>

can be
<its:documentRule its:translate="yes" its:translateSelect="/svg/text[1]"/>
so I don't see that this is higher level metadata (as you wrote), compared
to the in situ version. It is just a different place for the same
information, and from in situ you can generate the dislocated version
automatically, see "3.4 Mapping In Situ Scope to Dislocated Scope". Or do
I miss something?

Regards, Felix.