W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > October to December 2005

Minutes i18n its working group 2005-11-23

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:46:23 +0900
To: "public-i18n-its@w3.org" <public-i18n-its@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.s0qijluqx1753t@ibm-60d333fc0ec>

Hi all,

The minutes of the last call are at
http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html
and as text below.

Cheers,

Felix

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                         i18n ITS working group

23 Nov 2005

    [2]Agenda

       [2]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2005OctDec/0151.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Andrzej, Christian, Diane, Felix, Goutam, Richard, Sebastian,
           Yves

    Regrets
    Chair
           Yves

    Scribe
           Felix

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]action items
          2. [6]Status of the various modularization of ITS
          3. [7]Data category discussion
          4. [8]techniques document
          5. [9]definition of internationalization / localization
          6. [10]f2f
          7. [11]next meeting
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

action items

    <scribe> ACTION: Christian to write a mail about the new format from
    Microsoft (done) [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action001]

    <scribe> ACTION: Felix to make transition request for its tagset
    (done) [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to prepare an example of the format he is
    responsible for. (pending) [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <scribe> ACTION: Felix to make transition request for its tagset
    (done) [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <scribe> ACTION: Felix to prepare bugzilla for issue tracking for
    the ITS working group (done) [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2005OctDec/0
    149.html

      [18]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2005OctDec/0149.html

    [19]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=ITS

      [19] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=ITS

    <YvesS> FS describes how Bugzilla works

    felix: I would use bugzilla for tracking, not text production

    yves: me too

    <scribe> ACTION: Felix to prepare the requirements document for new
    publication until tomorrow (done) [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    <scribe> ACTION: Felix to take other the action item from Richard on
    how to handle feedback from non-working group members(done)
    [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

    <YvesS>
    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2005OctDec/0
    136.html

      [22]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2005OctDec/0136.html

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to create a list of the attendee for the f2f
    (ongoing) [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

    Yves: Christian, Richard, Sebastian, Yves, Andrzej, Felix will
    participate

    <YvesS> no all are there.

    <scribe> ACTION: richard and felix to talk about patent policy
    during the ac meeting [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action07]

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to send a new draft for the agenda of the
    f2f(done) [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action08]

    <YvesS>
    [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2005OctDec/0
    150.html

      [26]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2005OctDec/0150.html

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to finalize the f2f agenda [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action09]

Status of the various modularization of ITS

    Yves: has somebody worked on that?

    Christian: no

    Felix: no

    Sebastian: have started, running into the namespace problem
    ... during the f2f I will have thought that out, hopefully
    ... if you look at the its tagset wd, it looks like a standalone
    schema
    ... but it describes no mechanism for the integration into a
    different schema

    Yves: has somebody had similar problems?
    ... Damian will tackle open document

    Christian: talks about DITA integration

    Yves: the question is how would you modify a schema to have ITS in
    it?
    ... maybe we should reword the section on modularization

    Andrjez: I heard that "translate" in DITA will be deprecated. I
    would like to help Christian with the DITA stuff
    ... ( talks about DITA and ITS)

    Christian: Could you summarize that info you have about DITA and
    create an action plan for you and me?

    <scribe> ACTION: Andrjez and Christian to follow up on the contact
    to DITA, and see how ITS fits into DITA [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action10]

    Andrjez Diane, are you taking an active part in the DITA TC

    Diane no, I have not been envolved in DITA

    Yves: I sent mails to various working groups about the wd

    <Andrjez> Looks like my connection has gone again

    Christian: Are there other groups which should be covered? E.g.
    XLIFF?

    Yves: How about OASIS as a whole, because they have various XML
    formats?

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to contact OASIS to get feedback on ITS
    [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action11]

    Sebastian: How about DocBook people? I sent a mail to Norm about ITS
    ... Robin Cover will pick ITS up, hopefully

    Yves: How about open source community? Damian will tackle open doc

    Christian: Do we have presentation material that describes the WD?

    Felix: so far there are no presentations on ITS

    Christian: I would like to get feedback on ITS from colleagues

    Sebastian: I would like to have a directory to put test files

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to create a directory for ITS test files
    (e.g. its/testfiles) for now one account for Sebastian [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action12]

Data category discussion

    Yves: can we solve that issue maybe here?

    Felix: I was just wondering what Christian ment about data
    categories during his comments on the tagset wd

    Christian: I'm happy with the working draft now as it is. Maybe a
    paragraph in the spec

    <scribe> ACTION: Christian and Felix to create a paragraph on the
    data categories and the relation to realizations [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action13]

    Felix: if everybody is fine with that, we could drop the topic of
    data categories from the f2f agenda

techniques document

    <scribe> ACTION: Richard will give Diane and me a template for the
    techniques document until the end of the week [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action14]

    Yves: I start to work on the doc as soon as I get the template
    ... is there a specific order which people want to see?

    <scribe> ACTION: all to refresh their knowledge about the
    requirements document [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action15]

definition of internationalization / localization

    Yves: Richard, do you have any input on that?

    Richard: I am working on a definition as a whole. I am integrating
    comments from Addison. I am planning to talk to the GEO group today.
    I hope to publish this very soon.

    <r12a> [34]http://esw.w3.org/topic/geoDefinition

      [34] http://esw.w3.org/topic/geoDefinition

    Richard: Please send comments to me until the end of this week

    <scribe> ACTION: everybody to look at the i18n / l10n definitions.
    give comments until the end of the week(if you have *real* concerns)
    [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action16]

f2f

    Yves: everybody fine?

    Felix: another topic: time scheduling for the next wd

next meeting

    next week, same time

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: all to refresh their knowledge about the requirements
    document [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action15]
    [NEW] ACTION: Andrjez and Christian to follow up on the contact to
    DITA, and see how ITS fits into DITA [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action10]
    [NEW] ACTION: Christian and Felix to create a paragraph on the data
    categories and the relation to realizations [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action13]
    [NEW] ACTION: everybody to look at the i18n / l10n definitions. give
    comments until the end of the week(if you have *real* concerns)
    [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action16]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to create a directory for ITS test files (e.g.
    its/testfiles) for now one account for Sebastian [recorded in
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action12]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard and felix to talk about patent policy during
    the ac meeting [recorded in
    [41]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: Richard will give Diane and me a template for the
    techniques document until the end of the week [recorded in
    [42]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action14]
    [NEW] ACTION: Yves to contact OASIS to get feedback on ITS [recorded
    in [43]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action11]
    [NEW] ACTION: Yves to finalize the f2f agenda [recorded in
    [44]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action09]

    [PENDING] ACTION: Everybody to prepare an example of the format he
    is responsible for. [recorded in
    [45]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Yves to create a list of the attendee for the f2f
    [recorded in
    [46]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action06]
    [DONE] Christian to write a mail about the new format from Microsoft
    [recorded in
    [47]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action001]
    [DONE] ACTION: Felix to make transition request for its tagset
    [recorded in
    [48]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [DONE] ACTION: Felix to prepare bugzilla for issue tracking for the
    ITS working group [recorded in
    [49]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
    [DONE] ACTION: Felix to prepare the requirements document for new
    publication until tomorrow [recorded in
    [50]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
    [DONE] ACTION: Felix to take other the action item from Richard on
    how to handle feedback from non-working group members [recorded in
    [51]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
    [DONE] ACTION: Yves to send a new draft for the agenda of the f2f
    [recorded in
    [52]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/23-i18n-minutes.html#action08]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [53]scribe.perl version 1.127
     ([54]CVS log)
     $Date: 2005/11/24 07:34:38 $

      [53] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [54] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 24 November 2005 07:46:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:06 UTC