W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > October to December 2005

I18N ITS minutes 2005-10-26

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:10:16 +0900
To: "public-i18n-its@w3.org" <public-i18n-its@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.sy95je1gx1753t@ibm-60d333fc0ec>

Hi all,

The minutes from yesterday's call are at

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html

and as text in this mail.

Best,

Felix


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               I18N ITS WG

26 Oct 2005

    [2]Agenda

       [2]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2005OctDec/0046.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Andrzej, Christian, Diane, Damian, Felix, Goutam, Richard

    Regrets
           Sebastian, Yves

    Chair
           Felix

    Scribe
           Felix

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]action items
          2. [6]Title of the document
          3. [7]General structure of the document
          4. [8]On the notion of "data categories" (We still need a
             definition)
          5. [9]What data categories should we concentrate on?
          6. [10]Scheduling of publication of first wd / updated working
             draft or req document
          7. [11]Other Business
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

action items

    <fsasaki> ACTION: FS to produce an odd for the scoping element, with
    the complete document structure (DONE) [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <fsasaki>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.odd

      [14] http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.odd

    <fsasaki>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html

    <fsasaki> How to evoke the stylesheets (explanation will follow via
    mai):

    <fsasaki> java -cp "c:/saxon1-0/saxon.jar"
    "com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet" itstagset.odd odd2xmlspec.xsl >
    itstagset-xmlspec.xml

    <fsasaki> java -cp "c:/saxon/saxon8.jar" "net.sf.saxon.Transform"
    itstagset-xmlspec.xml ../../../xmlspec/002/xmlspec-i18n.xsl >
    itstagset.html

    <fsasaki> java -cp "c:/saxon1-0/saxon.jar"
    "com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet" -o its.dtd itstagset.odd
    [16]http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/stylesheet/odds/odd2dtd.xsl

      [16] http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/stylesheet/odds/odd2dtd.xsl

    <fsasaki> java -cp "c:/saxon1-0/saxon.jar"
    "com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet" -o its.rng itstagset.odd
    [17]http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/stylesheet/odds/odd2relax.x
    sl

      [17]  
http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/stylesheet/odds/odd2relax.xsl

    <fsasaki> java -jar "c:/Program Files/trang-20030619/trang.jar"
    its.rng its.rnc

    <fsasaki> java -jar "c:/Program Files/trang-20030619/trang.jar" -o
    disable-abstract-elements its.rng its.xsd

    <fsasaki> AZ: use of cdata:

    <fsasaki> <eg><![CDATA[<text its:translate="yes"
    its:translateScope="//p">

    <fsasaki> <!-- all p elements should be translated -->

    <fsasaki> ...

    <fsasaki> <p its:translate="no" its:translateScope="."/>

    <fsasaki> </text>

    <fsasaki> ]]></eg>

    <fsasaki> AZ: stuff in cdata is hard to translate

    <fsasaki> ACTION: FS to put as many as possible requirements into
    the tag set working draft (pending) [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <fsasaki> ACTION: CL to use ODD to specify the indicator of
    translatability req (pending) [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    <fsasaki> ACTION: FS to write a mail to the member list to explain
    odd and the stylesheets [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    <fsasaki> ACTION: Put extensibility in the WD in the way discussed
    in last teleconf (pending) [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

    <fsasaki> ACTION: SR to put a comment into the nested element
    http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509ReqNestedElements (pending) [recorded
    in [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

    <fsasaki> ACTION: YS to ask RI for techniques template. (pending)
    [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action07]

Title of the document

    <fsasaki> "Implementation of Requirements for Internationalization
    and Localization"

    <fsasaki> CL: is what we are doing similar to Xlink?

    <fsasaki> FS: parts of it

    <fsasaki> FS: "A language for Internationalization and Localization"

    <chriLi> XML Standard Localization and Internationalization Markup
    (XSLIM)

    <fsasaki> Damien: CL title says more what the document is about

    <fsasaki> how about "XML Localization and Internationalization
    Markup Language"?

General structure of the document

    <fsasaki> FS: what do you think about the general structure of the
    document?

    <fsasaki> CL: should we have an example for the problem we want to
    solve?

    <fsasaki> FS: how about the application scenarios section:
    [24]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#d2e
    120

      [24]  
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#d2e120

    <fsasaki> FS: we could have an example for each application scenario

    <fsasaki> .. to cover all audiences

    <fsasaki> Damien: what limitations do we want to address?

    <fsasaki> FS: could be also in the application scenario section

    <fsasaki> .. or with a link to the requirements doc

    <fsasaki> Damien: would be fine with me

    <fsasaki>
    [25]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#d2e
    210

      [25]  
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#d2e210

    <fsasaki> Damien: examples with the definitions improves
    readability; it also must be clear to separate them visually from
    the definitions

    <fsasaki> Damien: there is knowledge required what the limitations
    are which this document will address. At least pointer to a detailed
    description of the limitations

    <fsasaki> structure of data categories description: "data cat def" +
    "relation to scope"

    <fsasaki> FS: should scope and data cat be together or separate in
    the document, with links to each other?

    <fsasaki> CL: we should spell this out for an example and ask again

    <fsasaki> FS: on modularizations of ITS: should that be in the
    document?

    <fsasaki> .. see
    [26]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#d2e
    814

      [26]  
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#d2e814

    <fsasaki> CL: we have to do a lobby work with the people on these
    standard committees

    <fsasaki> FS: so we could have such a section; we will see during
    the lobby work how it will be

On the notion of "data categories" (We still need a definition)

    <fsasaki> FS: we have to work that out, but not today

What data categories should we concentrate on?

    <fsasaki> FS: any preferences except translatability and ruby?

    <fsasaki> FS: could we just cut and paste the req from the working
    draft?

    <fsasaki> CL: we should go for the stuff which is in the DTD snippet
    from last call.

    <fsasaki>See [27]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509SpecScoping, sec.
    "Markup declaration for scope in instance documents"

      [27] http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509SpecScoping

    <fsasaki> .. they should be in the first draft

    <fsasaki> Damian: Information about contextual information was not
    included in the DTD snippet, would be good to be in there

    <fsasaki> .. i.e. contextual information about translation

    <fsasaki> CL: we discussed translatability on this lines

Scheduling of publication of first wd / updated working draft or req
document

    <fsasaki> FS: I would like to put as many as possible req in the wd,
    discuss it next week, publish in two weeks

    <fsasaki> CL: I have not very much time until 8 November

Other Business

    <fsasaki> No other business

Summary of Action Items

    [DONE] ACTION: FS to produce an odd for the scoping element, with
    the complete [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: FS to write a mail to the member list to explain odd
    and the stylesheets [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    [PENDING] ACTION: CL to use ODD to specify the indicator of
    translatability req [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
    [PENDING] ACTION: FS to put as many as possible requirements into
    the tag set working draft [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Put extensibility in the WD in the way discussed
    in last teleconf [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
    [PENDING] ACTION: SR to put a comment into the nested element
    http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509ReqNestedElements [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action06]
    [PENDING] ACTION: YS to ask RI for techniques template. [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/26-i18n-minutes.html#action07]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [35]scribe.perl version 1.127
     ([36]CVS log)
     $Date: 2005/10/27 01:08:49 $

      [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 27 October 2005 01:10:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:06 UTC