[ESW Wiki] Update of "its0509SpecScoping" by ChristianLieske

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 04:31:02 -0000
To: w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ChristianLieske:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509SpecScoping

     A: Because the element does not allow this (cf. 'limited impact')
   * Q: What about cascading/inheritence effects?
     A: We have not talked about this in detail. From my understanding, however, we may have to specify inheritance
-       for every entity of the ITS.
+       for every entity of the ITS. To me this would be in line with the approach in XSL-FO where
+       inheritance information can be given for each so-called property (see e.g. the 'inherited info'
+       for the 'direction property [http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#writing-mode-related]).
+       Aside: XSL-FO may also give some concrete ideas as to what could be said about the question "How to
+       determine the value of a property?" (see [http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice5.html])

        Example:

-       A. For the 'Indicator of Translatability' we may say:
+       For the 'Indicator of Translatability' we may say:

        * Values are inherited unless overwritten
        * Overwriting (by means of 'its:translateNo' or 'its:translateYes') only pertains to the entity addressed in the XPath expression

-       B. For 'Ruby' we may say: ...''']]'''
+       For 'Ruby' we may say: ...''']]'''